Broken Crown

Leonardo felt a tug on his heart as he watched him from the distance, he had to follow him. Leo sighed softly and ran after him on the fire escapes, instead of the rooftops out of fear Raphael would confront him with anger, Leo paid close attention to Raphael's movements. His heart beating faster ever step he took towards his old lover.

Every leap looked so flawlessly put together, almost rehearsed or done often. Leo noticed a several changes, one the muscle mass of his mate, the longer mask, several more scars, most had to be from major wounds.

Leo caught a glimpse of his emerald eyes then tripped falling into a dumpsters. "Shit!" Leo cursed and got out quickly and looked around and no one was to be found, "No..no!" Leo looked around frantically. Leo stood on the roof top looking, Where could he have gone? Underground? An apartment? He's not that fast! Leo's head spun and he sat on the edge of the roof top in defeat.

He closed his eyes and concentrated on his breathing, he clenched his fist but sudden pain made him jerk, his eyes traveled down to the source only to find a rose with thorns set in it, some petals were red others were black, he stood and looked around.

The wind surrounded Leo and he was startled and confused, looking around Leo found nothing, he heard nothing, felt nothing, no horns or angry drivers of New York sounded, no wind whistled or picked up, tears then streamed down the leaf green turtles cheeks, a swarm of emotions hit him, "I NEVER MEANT TO HURT YOU! IM SO SORRY!" sobs tore through his chest and he dropped to his knees, everything suddenly came to life again.

The wind picked up drying the hot tears, and honking horns broke the silence. Then Leonardo realized who he was again, he was a leader, a son. A brother of three and a lover.

That's what he would always be, he didn't have time to mope or cry he had to make things right in every way. To his father, his brothers, his lover. He messed up and he had to accept that, he couldn't sit here and feel sorry for himself. He had to start all over again with the source of the problem, Karai.