Chapter Fourteen

Chapter 14

~Cobra's POV~

We're shown to our rooms after we finish eating and I fall asleep almost as soon as my head touches the pillow.

The next morning I rise with the sun as I usually do, and I change into the clean clothes that were left neatly folded on the small table for me. I then find my way down to the kitchen and sit at the table. I'm soon joined by Kona and Inferno, and we watch as the cook bustles about preparing breakfast.

"Can I help" Kona asks.

The cook looks up surprised before smiling and nodding. She points to the cookbook and Kona walks over to it. She then nods and starts helping the cook prepare the meal.

Areona, Sare, and Kohn come into the room as Kona and the cook are setting the food on the table.

"Morning!" Sare greets.

"Good Morning," Kona replies, as Inferno and I nod.

They sit down and we pray to the Creator before eating the meal. We all helped clear the table off when we were done eating and Kohn spread a very detailed map of the village on it.

"Areona and I have been discussing things and have come to an agreement," Kohn explains. "Cobra, once you've healed enough, you will start on the wall around our village while Kona and Areona work on a watering system for our crops. Inferno, I'm leaving you in charge of training archers to defend the wall."

We all nod in agreement. The only pain I feel in my leg is a dull throb when I walk. Whatever that medic used, it works wonders.

We all head outside and split off in different directions. I connect with my element and spread out my senses, finding a nice secluded spot where I can concentrate. I walk to the area and find myself in a garden of sorts. I find a comfortable spot and sit down near some rose bushes, crossing my legs.

I place my hands flat on the ground and close my eyes, spreading out my senses until I can sense the entire village. I then stand and follow my element's instructions, doing a sort of dance. I feel the solid rock begin rising from the ground and starting to encircle the village.

I continue dancing all day, and by the time that the sun is setting, there's a small, thick rock wall around the whole village. I walk back to Kohn's house and quietly enter it. I head to the kitchen and find Sare there, preparing for the next day. She looks up and smiles brightly.

"Hi! The others got back a while ago and already ate. Would you like me to warm up some of the soup?" she asks.

"If you don't mind, yes," I say, nodding.

She merely lights the stove and begins warming up some soup.

"So, where have you been all day?" she asks, glancing over her shoulder at me.

"I found a nice quiet spot where I can concentrate on creating the wall," I say.

"Oh. Don't you have to actually be where you're going to put up the wall?" she asks, confusion clouding her eyes.

"For some elementals, yes, but if you concentrate enough and listen to your element, you can do things miles away from you," I answer.

Her eyes widen with realization and she nods before pouring some soup into a bowl and handing me a spoon. She sets the bowl on the table and takes a seat across from me.

"Can I come and watch you tomorrow?" she asks, watching me with a hopeful expression, making me smile.

"Sure!" I agree.