Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13

~Kona's POV~

Two human years later.

We did learn to respect our leader, but I secretly prefer it when Cobra leads us while Areona is busy.

I can tell that Cobra has been observing Areona and is picking up all that she can about leading us.

For a while now we've been training and helping the smaller villages out, but we want to advance to larger villages as well. Except Sundon and Areona won't let us. After two human years of training you would think they would let us.

I finish combing my hair and I step out of my room. I head down to the kitchen and begin making breakfast. After a while, the smell of pancakes lures everyone to the table and I begin serving breakfast.

"I have something I would like to announce," Areona says, her pancakes left untouched. "Today we're going to the village of Draughtor. They have become a large target for the Outcasts to hit, seeing as they have no elementals in the entire village."

"Finally! A larger village!" Inferno exclaims.

Areona shoots him a small glare before continuing.

"We leave right after Kona is done packing our food for the trip. So hurry up and finish your breakfast," she orders before standing and leaving the room.

Why does she always make me pack all the provisions? I sigh and start grabbing different fruits and vegetables.

Cobra and Inferno finish eating and head out to grab their things. Sundon, on the other hand, begins helping me pack the provisions.

"Aren't you coming with us?" I ask, curiously.

"Not this time, Kona. I have been called by the Queen and King to meet with them today," he explains.

"Oh, ok. Do you know why they want to talk with you?" I ask, though I know he probably won't tell me.

"Oh, probably just the usual stuff." he says.

"What's the usual stuff?" I ask.

"Nice try, Kona." he says, chuckling.

He helps me finish packing the provisions and I run to my room and grabbing my stuff.

We all meet up on the surface and Areona wordlessly begins our journey as usual.

~Sundon's POV~

When they are out of sight I tell Stormer to guard the cavern until I returned, and I teleport to the Palace.

Instead of going to the throne room, I go to a small meeting room down a hallway and hidden behind a portrait of the late Queen.

I walk down the hidden passage with the light on the end of my staff to guide me. Queen Helain and King Herald are waiting for me when I enter the room. I bow my head with respect.

"Your Majesties," I say in greeting.

"Ah, Sundon! You made it! I was starting to worry you couldn't find a way to get away for this meeting," Queen Helain says, a little annoyed.

"I sent them to protect the village of Droughter," I state calmly.

"The village of Droughter? Have you gone mad? They can't possibly be ready to protect that village yet!" King Herald exclaims, frowning.

"They are ready Your Highness do not worry. They have been training hard and I believe they are almost ready to go in search of the Temples," I say.