eleven

Beau had been sent on a trip to Germany with Steve and Natasha. The tesseract had been found, so they were going after it and Loki. The ride there was relatively quiet.

Beau didn't speak, out of nervousness. She wasn't scared of a lot now with her powers, but Loki scared her. She saw what he did to Selvig and Clint. She didn't want that to happen to her or anyone else.

"Hey, you okay?" She was broken from her thoughts, and saw Steve looking down at her. She nodded, and he smiled slightly. "Nice suit, by the way. You look like a real superhero."

"Not as extravagant as yours, Spangles, but thanks." She replied, smiling. Steve chuckled, looking down at his attire. He shrugged.

Beau had been given a suit right before they left, last minute. She hadn't really thought about it, but she assumed it was useful. It was a black jumpsuit with dark purple trim, that fit her like a glove. Apart from that, she had gotten special shoes, too. Beau hadn't thought of it, but Fury was smart enough to realize that even if she was invisible, her footsteps could still be heard. Her shoes looked like army boots, black and matte. She tried them out at first, stepping heavily and stomping her foot down. No noise came from it. She was astonished at the technology that SHIELD was able to muster up. Now, she was almost invincible.

***

Beau was standing on damp German concrete. She was in Germany. Never in a million years would she have thought that she'd ever travel outside of the US at this age. Not only that, but she was also standing directly in front of a tall, pale psychopath in dire need of a haircut. He was blabbing on about human nature and inferiority, subjugation, the likes. Beau almost scoffed. As if he knew anything about humans.

"The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will kneel. You will always kneel."

As the words resonated to the kneeling crowd, Beau heard a soft spoken voice full of bravery and heroism.
"Not to men like you."

She whipped her head around, eyes wide. She saw a small elderly man looking Loki straight in the eyes, past her.

"There are no men like me." Loki smirked.

"There are always men like you."

Loki, his ego internally deflated, stood up straighter and raised his voice. "Look to your elder, people. Let him be an example."

As those words sunk in for Beau, she widened her eyes and ran to the man, jumping towards him at the last second, grabbing him and turning her shield on. She held her other hand out as she hit the ground, reflecting Loki's blast onto him. The impact on the ground felt like nothing to the man and Beau, the shield yielding the pain.
Loki was knocked backwards, straight on his ass.
As if on cue, Steve fell from the sky, landing perfectly in the middle of the two crowds. He walked down the aisle to meet Loki.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany, and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing."

"The soldier. A man out of time."

Beau, after letting go of the man, turned back. Her shield also off, she was visible to Loki. He looked at her and smirked. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but was cut off before he could speak by Steve.

"You're the one that's out of time."

As he said that, a Quinjet approached, and Natasha's voice boomed from it.
"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

Like greased lightning, Loki shot a blast of blue at the Quinjet, but luckily, Natasha maneuvered it in time, missing the shot. While that was happening, Captain threw his shield at Loki. They begin to duel it out, and Beau began to direct all the kneeling people to safety.