Chapter Seven: Surprises

A/N

Check out that video above!^ Oh God I don't think the video is supposed to be funny, but I can't stop laughing at it! The music is great as well! 😍

I think this song goes great with this chapter or story, because Devin might relate to the lyrics. Also the song is called Adventure Of A Lifetime; And Devin and Elena sure will be on an Adventure Of A Lifetime ! 😂

Coldplay- Adventure Of A Lifetime

**

"Ahhh!" I heard the man scream.

I snickered quietly and smiled. Now the plan's in action, Elena's dad will stay in the bathroom because he'll be too scared to come out. I'm a friggen genius.

"You're such an adorable little guy!"

I gawked and bent down. I saw his meaty hands scoop up the creature and pet it.

"My daughter just loves animals like you! She likes snakes, mice, spiders... disgusting creatures," he sighed. "But my new girlfriend would despise you." He set the rat back down and flushed the toilet. "You deserve to be free anyways little fella. Good luck on your journey."

I heard the sink run and my mouth still hung in pure shock. I then heard paper rip and I still sat on the toilet, mouth wide open.

Suddenly Elena's voice entered my head. You better close that mouth of yours, it's not attractive at all.

I scowled and closed my mouth while I heard her father walk out of the bathroom. I went out shortly after. I walked up to Elena, staring at her but I dared not to say a word.

She crossed her arms and smirked. "So how'd ya plan go?" I looked away ignoring her I-told-you-so pose.

"I know what you were attempting Devin. You were trying to make my dad stay in the bathroom. But I was going to tell you that my dad's too nice, until you started singing over me."

I then looked at her with a calm face, but I'm two seconds away from bursting.

"It could be fūcking Isis and my dad would still try to shake hands with them," she rolled her eyes.

I couldn't help but crack a smile. "Your dad is a pretty sunny person," I spoke up. "At some points I wish I could be like him," I whispered and looked to the ferris wheel.