Chapter Twenty Four: Mixed Feelings

"She couldn't go to sleep, she was upset with our current situation, Crystal. So I kept her company like a good stepbrother would."

Crystal looked skeptical. "Sleeping in the same bed though?! Something's not right about that. I could understand if you guys were blood related, but..."

Devin slapped his hand onto his face and let it slip down. "Crystal, can't you just accept the fact we're getting along now?!"

She closed her eyes, pinched her nose and shook her head. "I know you, Devin. I know you. You two are doing more than being there for each other. I knew moving in so soon would be a bad idea. Pack your stuff Devin, we're moving out!"

I jumped up out of my bed and finally stood up to her. "You can't do that! He was keeping me company, and I am upset about our situation! If you were me, wouldn't you be too?"

"I wouldn't sleep in the same bed as my stepbrother, especially one who is as cocky and sexual as Devin," she then ignored me and glared at him. "We're moving out at once, and that's final!"

Devin's eyes did that thing again, where they turned an orange and flaming color. Oh lord, I really hope he doesn't kill her. He got up and started pacing towards her.

"Crystal, I think you should run!"

She looked at me as if I had two heads. "I'm his mother, do you really think that he intimidates m-"

Her words were cut off as she was lifted into the air by her neck. Devin had a tight grip on her throat, she struggled to breathe, squirming in the air and clawing at his arm. It seemed to have no effect on Devin, as he was possessed and staring at her with his fiery pupils.

"Elena and I are flying to England at 11 o'clock! You won't stop us, and we're not moving out. You would have to make me, bïtch!" he released her and spat on her as she choked for air. She crawled on her hands and knees out of my door.

"I'm calling," she coughed out. "The police."

Devin's mighty laughter boomed and echoed among the walls. "Do you really think that would work on me, ya' dumb puttana?! I'm a vampire, not a regular human being. You're lucky I don't drain your neck right here and now. Even if I were captured, I would bend those bars as if they were playdough. And where's that Patrick of a husband you idiotically married?"

"At... work.."

"Ah, perfezionare. Keep on crawling! If the police come, I'm killing everyone but Elena. If you tell Michael, I'll kill him too. Do you understand?"

She collapsed and nodded. Devin slammed the door and locked it, plopping onto the bed and turning on the TV as if nothing happened.

"Devin!" I shouted, rushing over to him. "Are you insane?!"

"You already know the answer to that babygirl," he smiled at me. His eyes were now a light red and orange mixed with blue, as if it was slowly going away. God, his face might look like shït right now, but his eyes are still gorgeous.

"Thanks."

I shook out of my thoughts and crossed my arms. "Please stop reading my mind. Devin, you've probably gotten us into more trouble than what we already are in right now."

He pointed to his face, or rather, the face Elizabeth has given us. "If I'm locked up, which I doubt would happen, this is the face that they'll know me by. When I break out of there within a minute, we'd be long gone with masks over our face. When Elizabeth changes us back, I won't be the one police would be looking for."

I sat on the bed and covered my face in my hands. This was too much.

Devin came behind me and gave me a long hug. I can't believe how much he's changed. The Devin I knew before all of this would rather gulp tide pods than to hug me. Maybe Crystal was right, was he trying to do more than be a great stepbrother to me? Is him being nice to me too good to be true, and is he trying to make me want to fück him or fall in love? I have been feeling attracted to him lately.

The crazy part is... I wouldn't mind it one single bit.

***
After the insanity, Devin and I got ready and packed our things. We didn't really have to get ready, because we're monsters now, but monsters have to smell good too, right?

We packed for at most three days. We were just going to the Dering Woods, just to get some bloodroot. Anything for Elizabïtch.

We took the car Mufusa left us in the driveway to the airport, and boarded our plane before we knew it. Hell yeah he left us a car! Mufusa can be annoying, but he sure is amazing.

Halfway during our 6 hour flight, I started to feel my eyes droop. Devin wasn't sleepy at all, he was busy reading a magazine. I looked down at it and no- it wasn't your average newspaper as he should've been reading. It was a playgirl magazine, in public! I didn't have the energy though to ask what the hell's wrong with him, I just let my head slowly fall onto his chest. Before I fell asleep, I heard the magazine being closed and tucked into the seat. He then wrapped his arm around me and kissed my forehead. How strange..

"Elena wake up," I heard as I was shaken. "We're in London!"

Author's Note

*in my Bryson tiller voice* I'm back and I'm better ❤️

Vote and comment if you liked! If you liked this story, add it into your freaking libraries and reading lists!

Chapter twenty-five coming soon. Tell me what you think about this twenty-fourth chapter.

xoxo Prettytt 👅