Chapter Nineteen: The Car Trip

"Are you coming or what?!"

"Devin, I don't know where the hell you're taking me. I don't trust you like that yet, you might take me to some wooded area and kill me."

"Come on tigoratta, you know I wouldn't do such a thing," he smirked. "Maybe torture you, but kill is such a strong word..."

I got up and started to shove him out of my room. "You know I came here to be alone after being uncomfortable at breakfast. The last thing I want to do is spend time together after what  had happened."

"Oh please conigiletta, you know I was just kidding. And you know that I've been wanting to take you to this place. I'll tell you in the car all about it, I just need you in before time runs out. I have made an appointment."

"Ugh, fine. But if anything bad happens to me, I swear. I'll never tru-"

"Nothing bad will happen to you," he grabbed my hand. "I promise. I won't allow it. If anything, we're seeking for help. Now let's go."

***
"So where are we going?" I asked Devin as I gripped a handle, he was driving a little too fast down the highway.

"Okay. So if I'm correct, tomorrow's our deadline for Elizabeth. Thing is, I'm not going to her. And I respect you so much for not kidnapping me, to take me to her or anything. If it was anyone else knowing their life was in danger, they most definitely would do that."

"Hell yeah. You're lucky I didn't get the chance to think about it yet," I smirked and twirled a piece of my dark hair. "But... I wouldn't do that to you. You're my stepbrother... My family." Saying the word 'family' felt so wrong when I was attracted to him. "I still don't know what to do, I'm stressed out really. If you wouldn't be driving us to a place for help right now, I think I would have done nothing."

"And that's perfectly fine. I told you I have a plan. I talked to Mufusa and he informed me about this guy who will put a curse on Elizabeth, and hopefully kill her- only for a small price."

"WHAT?!" I slapped my hands onto my head and let them run down my face. "Oh my god, this is your plan?! Curse the witch or kill her?! Is that even possible? She's a witch! He's going to scam you."

"I believe it is possible. We shall see," then he started chuckling. "Tigoratta, Mufusa hooked me up with this guy! Mufusa! Even if he does, Mufusa's not gonna let him get away with it."

I looked at him in bewilderment. "What makes you have so much confidence in Mufusa?"

"He's been my best friend for years Elena. I trust him more than anyone else I know. Don't you have a best friend?"

"No... Never have. My mom made us move too much," I looked out my window tearing up. But I held my tears back and tried to not let them roll down my face. I can't cry over this, especially in front of Devin.

"I had so much trouble adjusting to my neighborhoods and schools every half of year. I never got to keep the friends I made. I used to cry all the time when I was little because so many more problems came with it."

"I apologize."

"No, it's fine," I glanced at him and smiled. "Anyways​, can you tell me about that guy Jake?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh yeah, I've been meaning to inform you. So, remember when I said, 'I know what you are'? Jake was a vampire hunter."

"A vampire hunter?!"

"Sì. The familiar scents of my family, my friends... I could smell the tiniest specks of their blood embedded on his skin, his body. No more how hard he may have scrubbed in a shower, separated atoms of their DNA was still on him somewhere, maybe even his eyes. I had the largest family coniglietta, until during a certain period of time the vampire hunters went on a killing spree. It was a mass killing, millions of vampires died."

I stared at him being upset, almost as if he was near tears. This was something so rare to see. His black hair hung over his face wildly, and his long eyelashes fluttered wildly, he was blinking back his tears. His strong jaw wavered, and he kept his striking blue eyes on the road.

"I'm so sorry."

"I lost all of my family, at least, I think I did," he ran a hand through his hair. "If I do have some family alive, why haven't they got in contact with me after all this time? They shouldn't be afraid to come out into the public or come out and talk to me. All vampire hunters after the mass killing retired, at least that's what I heard. Haven't heard about a kill from a vampire hunter in so many years. See, Jake hasn't made any recent killings, I can tell. I could not smell any recent DNA on him.

But I could smell my friends and family from years ago, I lost a lot of them to that man, and that is why I had to get revenge. Because now you, Mufusa, Crystal and your wacky dad are the closest thing to family I've got."

It was raining, all you could hear was big raindrops splattering across the windshield. We were stuck in traffic and Devin had his whipped pitch black hair drooping over his face, as if he was hiding it. He slouched across the steering wheel and stared at the floor.

"I'm so sorry Devin," my bottom lip wavered and I gave him a hug. "I'm so, so sorry."

Instead of pushing me away, he actually sat there and let me embrace him. He didn't hug me back, but he sat in the same position and allowed me to have him in his arms.

"I just wish this traffic would hurry the fück up."

Suddenly, the cars in front and on the side of us flown into the air and into the woods with loud bangs and explosions. Almost scared out of my soul, I screamed as Elizabeth jumped onto our car hood and rocked our car. People in other cars in front of us scattered out screaming, and running for their lives causing commotion.

Elizabeth looked so frightening, her eyes were dark, black hair messy and wild, red lipstick smeared. She rose her arms and screamed, "Devin... This is your warning! You have 24 hours to come to me... Or there will be great destruction!"

And with that, she disappeared in a black mist.

Traffic indeed hurried the fück up.

___________________

Author's Note

____________________

Coniglietta- Bunny
- Yes
Tigoratta- Tiger

***

Vote and comment if you liked! If you liked this story, add it into your freaking libraries and reading lists!

Chapter twenty coming soon. Tell me what you think about this nineteenth chapter.

xoxo Prettytt 👅