Chapter Fifteen: More Friends

I pulled the gear shift to reverse and lightly pushed my foot against the gas pedal when a knock on my window made me jump in my seat.

"Ahh!" I screamed. I whipped my head over to a dirty-blonde teen boy who looked almost as frightened as me.

"Hey! Hey! Calm down, it's okay." I heard him muffle. His voice was deep. I rolled down my window and his green eyes met mines. He put his arm on the window ledge and smiled at me nervously. "I'm sorry for frightening you more than you already were."

"How do you know I'm afraid? Who are you?"

"Just a boy who's trying to help a pretty little bunny who looks like she's going to shīt herself. Why are you so nervous?"

"I-... well, my stepbrother and his friend who said I shouldn't talk to strangers here... have gotten drunk on me. So I have to drive us home when I uh... Don't necessarily have a lot of knowledge about driving. I'm tired of meeting new people today."

"Sweetie, I don't have to be a stranger. Call me a friend. And I am here to help and I know how to drive."

"Great!" I opened the drivers door, whacking him in his stomach. He fake smiled while wincing, stumbling back. I got out and pointed to the driver's wheel. "Please drive."

"You didn't accept my friend request."

"Friend request accepted," I pushed him in. "Now please. It's been a long night. I want to go to sleep."

"Dang girl, okay," I slammed his door and dragged Mufusa out of the passenger's seat. I threw him into the backseat with his drunk buddy. I sat down in the passenger's seat and strapped myself in.

He looked over to me nervously. "Where to?"

I shrugged.

He shrugged as well, mocking me. "So you're telling me... You don't know how to drive, and you were going to drive to no where?"

"Basically."

"Oh honey, you are a damn mess."

"Yeah, yeah. I know," I lifted up my foot, trying to take off my heel.

"What are you doing?!"

"This," I finished unstrapping the shoe and I threw it at Devin.

"OW! ELeNa!"

"Devin. Address."

"In. Phone." He threw his iPhone at me. I caught it in my hands. "One two three four."

"Seriously?!"

I put in the password and the phone unlocked. It's pretty sad how he doesn't care about anything but sleep. I can't believe he just gave me his phone, including his password. I can't believe he's allowing this friend of mine to be in the car and drive. Maybe he doesn't know.

I checked in his memo pad and I found the address to our house. I told my friend the address and he started driving. While Devin and Mufusa were passed out snoring, I became bored and got curious about my new friend.