Chapter Eight: More Surprises

"Yes Michael, I will marry you!"

*** 2 Days Later ***

"Devin! Move out of the way!" I groaned and suddenly dropped the box that was in my hands onto my feet.

Fire spread throughout my foot while Devin snickered. I grabbed my foot and hissed out in pain, hopping all over the front lawn in circles while crying.

"Not funny!" I whined and wriggled my lip. God it hurts so bad.

"Very funny," he smirked and crossed his arms. He put the oh-so-little box under his arms and continued to block the front door.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on Dev, please don't do this to me."

He raised an eyebrow. "Please don't ever call me 'Dev' again. And do what?"

"Annoy me!" I then released my foot and picked up the heavy box.

"I'm sorry coniglietta, would you like me to help you with that?"

"What's that mean?"

"Bunny." He walked in front of me and put his hands underneath the box I was holding. I sighed in relief and smiled, he's finally being nice.

He basically took the box from my hands, and then the box dropped onto my poor little feet once more.

"Ow!" I clutched my foot and fell to the ground, writhing in pain. "You did that on purpose!"

"Maybe, maybe not," he bit his bottom lip and winked while walking away.

***

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in," I called while putting my book down. The door creaked open slowly and Devin's little head popped out from the side of the door.

"Hi!" he shouted like a nosy toddler.

"Hi," I couldn't help but smile and I took off my glasses. I folded them and put them inside of it's case.

"Phew, thank the Devil you took those off. You looked like a nerd," he snorted and hopped onto my bed.

I pointed to the door. "Get out if you're going to be rude."

"A hot nerd!" He put his hands up with an innocent look and smiled. "What book were you reading anyways?"

"Fifty shades of grey," I shyly admitted.

"Kinky!" he winked and laid back onto my pillows.

I sighed and crossed my legs. "Dev... I mean, Devin!"

He frowned a little but then returned to his curious expression. "Why are you being so... Playful? Or... Nice?"

He looked defeated and he avoided my eyes. He twiddled with his fingers (what the hell?) and said, "Listen. I'm trying to get on good hands with you Elena. We're two hormonal teens living under the same roof, which is pretty idiotic if you ask me."