Imperfectly Perfect

CHAPTER 40:

"You're perfect to me." ~Little Things, One Direction.

Wednesday, 25th December 2013

HARRY'S POV

It took us about 5 hours to get to Sheffield, and I dozed off during most of the ride.

"Love, wake up." I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder. Oh, Mum. I opened my eyes and rubbed them with the heels of my hands.

"We're here, Harry." Mum informed me, her tone excited but nervous at the same time. Of course she was nervous. She was meeting her boydfriend's family for the first time.

I climbed out of my uncomfortable position in the car, and stretched my limbs, rubbing my sore neck. Robin was taking our stuff out of the car trunk, while Mum was standing beside him, talking, and twiddling her thumbs. She only does that when she's nervous.

"It's going to be fine, hun!" I heard Robin assure Mum, passing a comforting arm around her shoulder. I smiled involuntarily at the sight of my Mum with someone who could actually make her happy. Make me happy. 'Cos if my Mum is happy, then so am I.

I took my phone out and hurriedly switched it on, fearing if I had missed a call or text from you-know-who. I sighed when I only saw a few texts from Louis, Niall and Dani. Oh, I should stop hoping by now. I glanced at the little clock above my phone screen. Holy hell, 5.06 AM!

"C'mon Harry!" Robin called out to me. They were both already at the door, and Robin rung the doorbell of an admittedly huge and fancy house.

Quite a while later, the door was opened by a blonde lady in her late sixties, whose sleepy eyes widened when she saw us. Or more specifically, when she saw Robin. "Merry Christmas, Ma!"

"Oh my!" she sobbed, and gathered him in a hug. "I thought you were coming for the New Year and oh my, this is such a surprise! I missed you baby!"

"Well Ma, Anne here wanted to meet you all for Christmas, and I couldn't refuse her," Robin turned to Mum with a smile. The lady smiled at Mum sweetly, who offered her one of her own nervously.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Twist," Mum greeted her politely. Robin's mother just rolled her eyes and pulled Mum into a lung-crushing hug with more strength then a lady her age should have.

"So nice to finally meet you, you're even more beautiful then my son described," she murmured. "Oh, and call me Beth."

Mum pulled away, smiling. "Thank you so much Beth. Oh! And Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas to you too, love."

By now, more family members had arrived at the door. Robin saw me standing behind awkwardly, and lightly slapped his forehead. "Oh, Ma! This is Harry. Anne's son."

Beth smiled at me. "My, my! Aren't you handsome!" She complimented me and I blushed, quietly thanking her.

"Alright everybody, come on! The rest of the introductions can carry on inside. It's bloody freezing!" A pretty brunette woman who looked like a female version of Robin ushered us all inside.

After getting hugged a lot of times and being introduced to about 50 different people, I was exhausted.

"Alright folks! I guess we should let our guests sleep now, we'll all have plenty of time to talk to them tomorrow," Beth announced and everyone groaned. All of Robin's sisters had taken an instant liking to Mum, which I was extremely happy about and Mum was relieved.