Stay With You, Always

CHAPTER 42:

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me." ~Little Things, One Direction.

Tuesday, 31st December 2013

HARRY'S POV

The Christmas celebrations were still in full swing at the Twist household, even 'til the New Year's Eve, which was tonight.

Everyone was in the festive mood, and yeah, it was contagious. The fact that made me the happiest was how content Mum looked here, finally she was okay and felt in place. I hope Robin takes care of her and doesn't let her go, or hurt her like my father did. We won't be able to bear that.

It was Tuesday evening now, and everyone was in the huge living room, helping themselves to Beth's famous apple pie. Mum and I were sitting by the warm fireplace, surrounded by almost the whole family, sharing stories and anecdotes.

I was finally feeling like a part of a family after so many years. Spending Christmas every year with only Mum and Dusty was okay, but this was simply amazing.

I really wanted to stay here 'til tomorrow, but I also really wanted to go back to London, see Zayn tonight. He had called me yesterday, asking me if I could make it to the New Year's Eve party his parents were throwing. And oh! Another reason I was so damn happy; Zayn's Dad was finally willing to give Zayn a chance to date me, and I couldn't be more elated.

"Harry, love?" Mum whisper-asked.

"Mhmm?"

"What's on your mind?" I sighed. My mother knew me too well. A bit too well.

I bit my lip. "Mum, I know this'll sound really rude. I mean I really want to stay here 'til the First with the family, uh, but-"

"You want to go back," Mum finished, pursing her lips.

"Yeah," I murmured. "It's okay though. I'd just meet all my friends after the New Year and-"

"No, you won't," Beth interrupted, a smug smile on her face. "I think you should spend the Eve with your special someone, eh?"

"I-I want to, yeah," I mumbled shyly.

"Then what are ya waiting for, lad? Go back home! You can always visit next time," Beth smiled at me warmly. I looked over at Mum and she too smiled and nodded.

"Would you like me to come with-" Mum started. "No, no Mum! You stay here with Robin and the family. I'll go. And thank you Beth!" I called out to her. The old lady just chuckled smugly in response.

I got back upstairs and packed my small bag. Robin lent me his extra car. Whoa, he trusts me with his car!

"Alright sweetie, drive safely, okay?" Mum asked me, lightly shaking my shoulders. I know she was still a bit wary of letting me get inside a car, let alone drive it, cos of her accident.

"I'll be fine, Mummy. Promise."

"Good. We'll be back on the first, yeah?" She spoke, kissing my forehead.

"Sounds good," I smiled at her. She ruffled my curls then gave me a final kiss. I got out of the house and walked over to Robin's car, unlocking it and jumping in the driver's seat. It wasn't a modern car, thank God. There wasn't any GPS in the car either, so I activated it on my phone and started the engine, getting ready to drive back to London.

Looks like this was a pattern between us; Zayn drove to Sheffield on Christmas Eve, and now I'm driving back to London on New Year's Eve. Wow.

~*~