~13~

The driver's door of my wife's BMW gracefully squeaked before becoming fully opened. I awaited her grand appearance to overwhelm all onlookers as she came out of her car. She had that effect on people wherever I have been with her before. I still remember when we once visited Hollywood in the United States of America during our honeymoon tour across the globe. We were seated in one of the town's elite restaurants,when a certain hunk white man came over and started to tease her. I remained silent,waiting to see what was gonna happen. She also didn't answer him but took our left hands and showed him our identical diamond rings. Disappointed,the man backed off,releasing a high pitched sigh in the process. I just laughed and praised her for handling the man with wisdom.

I watched my wife as her long,light brown shapely leg emerge before she planted her flat shoe clothed left foot onto the pebbled parking lot and hopped out of the car. Her long black hair swirled around her shoulders as she straightened, allowing her eyes to acclimatise to her busy surroundings.

My wife was by far the smartest of all those who had gathered at the shopping mall to witness the historic catastrophe. Her light complexioned face was fully equipped with make up,maroon lipstick on her lips. She wore a golden necklace with a heart at the centre,the one I brought her from France as a birthday present,when I was her fiancée. Matching golden bracelets with flower like silver spots on them adorned her brown-yellow elbows of both her hands. Her diamond wedding ring added the exquisite jewellery that adorned her gorgeous body. She was clad in a sky- blue mild-long linen dress,with silver laces below the cleavage,and gird a matching silver belt on the waist. Her shoes also matched her dress. Lisa resembled a Greek goddess. Any man could wish to be with her. She really knew how to be well dressed as a married woman,and I'm selfishly proud of her.

Her mouth went ajar when she saw my dirt,bruised face and body,and my blood stained clothes. She hated blood,it always makes her frightened. Even that of beef,she always called me to come and cut beef to pieces for her when she wanted to cook at home. I always laughed her. She stood there,speechless,with her eyes starting to get wet,gazing on me;oblivious of her surroundings. I was like the only thing she was seeing. All the people who were cheering and admiring her behind me and Melinda,she didn't seemed to notice them. The love of her life was blood soaked. I deliberately denied the nurses who wanted to wash me and dress my wounds so she could come and see what I have been through the previous night. I wanted her to be the one to do it first. I knew the impact it would have on her.

With her eyes dribbling with tears,she flung towards me and gave me a heart-to-heart hug,being careful not to twitch my wounds. I was so moved and my tears began to ooze out of my eyes. She turned to face me,pulled my head to kiss my lips,and buried her tear soaked face on my blood stained chest. It was like in a movie. I have once watched such an episode.

We clung on each other for a couple more minutes and she broke our hug. She then faced Melinda who was now behind us,and moved towards stretching her right hand to greet her. She did this with a smile on her wet face. Melinda reciprocated the gesture. I observantly watched as the two beautiful women exchange a handshake. Melinda seemed to be nervous. She wasn't expecting to meet my wife,since I haven't informed her she was coming.
I stepped closer to the two women and started to introduce Melinda to my wife,who seemed to hold demeanour of liking her. Her face was still smiling,with her wet eyes intently looking at Melinda's face.

She seemed content with what I have told her about Melinda. I then turned to Melinda to introduce my wife,she threw her right hand in the air,moving it downwards, dismissing my explanation and description of my beloved wife. Showing an already knowing gesture. We all laughed.

FROM THE AUTHOR: Thank you for reading!If you have enjoyed the story,please remember to vote and feel free to comment below. Note: All comments,good/bad,are also very welcome. I'd really like to know what you think. It would mean a lot to me as a budding writer, and may help my career.

Please remember to share the story to others!