Chapter 4

I knew it. I knew that there are grimoire users than just me. It wasn't definite but it was one of the thoughts on my power that I pushed back of my mind. Now how should I approach them? Should I use a sneak attack or should I just come out right in front of them? No, I don't know the capabilities of that grimoire. Maybe I should just distract them till I prepare my attack.

With that in mind, I glided down with my hand behind my back. I still preferred to use hand movements to glide the objects while I used Arion. 

"Didn't anybody tell you that stealing is bad manners?" I decided to distract them with chat to think of the things I could use to defeat them.

"Ah! Here you are. We were waiting as to when Mr. Freak hero comes; glad we didn't have to wait too long." One of the guys said and since I saw him giving commands to his other gang members, I think he's also the leader.

"I'm a freak? That hurts you know." During this chat, I put their guns on safety so that's one problem down. Second is the biggest concern and mystery, which is that I don't know this guy's power. From the symbol on his grimoire I assume it must be something about strength. 

"But as much as I'd like to decide who's freak and who's not, which by the way is you, I have other matters to attend so," I brought the broken glass from the window above to my side and some chairs too. "How bout we wrap this up by you surrendering? It seems like a good plan to me."

"Aye, it does seem so. But you see, we thought if want Mr. Freak hero out of way, we have to bring a freak of our own with us too. I propose a change of plan," He put his hand on the grimoire users arm and said, "Go get him Mace."

After the command, the grimoire user named mace charged me like a bull that saw red somewhere. He was fast for his size but I somehow managed to bring a table and two chairs in front of me. To my disappointment, He broke the barrier as if he was walking through thin glass and punched me hard on my stomach. I tried to fly out of his range but he was fast. His punch flew onto a wall way back. Let me tell you, if I didn't have my 'Feather Rock' ability, I would have broken my spine and become paralysed for my life.

Still, I did sustain injuries which I believe is cracked ribs and a massive bruise later. I was somehow able to stand up. Mace was strong and fast. I used 'Arion' and sent the broken glass and broken chair pieces on him. The glass and pieces pierced his skin but he didn't wince at all. Instead, He came running towards me planning to slam on the ground. I quickly flew above, this time I was successful.

But again, it seemed he wasn't done with me. He jumped towards me, and let me tell you that I was several feet high, and punched me again. Though I was able to block his attack, the blow was strong enough to send me flying back. This time I was sent onto a wall, well I was just not the wall inside the bank. I was sent back outside towards the wall of the building on opposite side of the bank. I lessened the impact using 'Fugite' which helped a lot since I didn't feel much other than pain on my arms from when mace hit me.

Mace and his gang came out with bags filled with cash. The police seeing them fired their guns. The gang members went behind mace that seemed to not feel a thing. Mace grabbed two of male members and the only female one hanged herself on his neck. Seeing everybody was holding tight, Mace just jumped while I had to see them get away with me being utterly defeated. I flew out to home before any questions are asked.

------ Home ------

I enter the house through back door. I check to see if uncle's back from his trip or not, good thing he's not back yet. I got to my room and just lay down on the bed. Today was one hell of a day. Today was the first day when I tasted defeat and had to leave without delivering justice. If Mace wasn't there, no I can't think like that. If anything today proves that there's a chance that there will be more Mace in future. Future? Am I really fit to play the role of hero?