Chapter 2

"So you're saying that you just started having pain after that light in the sky thing that happened last night?" Alex summarised the important part of the story that happened last night.

"Yeah, I know it's weird and crazy but that's what actually happened." I tried to convince them.

"Look what's done is done. What's more important now is that you are safe and alright." Paige said with a warm smile. She is pretty as most of the blondes are and sweet too. I won't say I didn't feel anything special for her because that would be lying.

At one point when I had completely given all hope on Stella, I started having feelings for Paige. She was always sweet to me and kind. Always helped me with stuff and took my side during my banters with Alex. There was not one reason to not like her, except there was one and it was the only thing that mattered I guess. The reason was that she wasn't Stella. I know lame and pathetic but that's what it is.

Now Paige is like the sister I never had. Just like how Alex is like a brother to me. He's taller than me, more social than me and good at sports unlike me. And yeah I'm not a sporty person but I am very good at martial arts and archery. I joined those classes because of all those action movies, especially Bruce Lee. I was a kid with no parents, so when I asked for some things my unclewould say yes to almost everything. But hey, on the upside if there is ever a time for me to fight atleast I would know how to.

I was broken from my thoughts by some strange noise. It was a weird husky whisper like voice that spoke some strange words.

"Hey guys, you hear something? Like someone whispering?" They cupped their ears to listen it but they didn't hear anything. Though instead of a whisper, they did hear a grumble coming out of my stomach.

"That doesn't sound like a whisper at all." Alex said with a smirk.

"Ha-ha very funny. I did wake up just now; I guess I forgot to eat." I placed my hand on my tummy and rubbed hoping it would soothe it.

"Well let's go out and grab a bite; unless you don't want to, we could always order for home delivery." Paige suggested.

"Paige I appreciate your concern but I can walk, though if I don't eat soon I'm afraid I couldn't even stand. So let's go." I said placing a hand on her shoulder and kissing her cheek. I grabbed my wallet and keys.

"So where we going?"

"There's a New Mexican place, wanna go there?"

"Sure, I could eat anything right now ...... that's edible"

I once again heard that whisper but I pushed it aside thinking it was just hunger or something. I really should have eaten something after waking up.

------ At the park after eating ------

After eating, we to the park, I just wanted to take some fresh air..... And some air to cool my mouth off. That was one spicy Mexican food. Alex and Paige were the same with sweat and taking rapid breaths. I turned to see the park, instead I saw three people with shady and dirty clothes come towards. Muggers probably. I tried to warm my friends but I was too late. They knocked them out and one of them tried to come at me but I dodged.

I did say I was good at martial arts but one teen vs. three adults was not something that I would say was in my favour.

"Come now kid, don't put up a fight and we'll probably won't hurt you." One of them said pulling a small knife. Great, a knife. Like I wasn't at a disadvantage before. 

I heard the whisper once again, though this time it was different. I understood what 'it' was saying.

'Use ..... –imoie. Use It.'