Chapter 5

Soon Stella came down and guests started coming one after another. In an hour or so the back of the house and even the inside was filled with people. Ofcourse I was just sitting on the sofa alone with some occasional stroll around the house. Stella would once in a while come to me and we would make fun of other guys from the class until her other friends drag her away and most probably tell her to not talk with me or something, I choose to ignore them.

I actually came up with some ideas that might increase my chances of defeating Mace. Mace was like a giant man with the strength of an ox and speed of a rabbit. He could jump high and it also seemed that he was immune to pain. I needed to be stronger and quicker than him.

So for speed, I decided to use 'Fugite' as much as possible. I can increase my speed using that since it's just a close combat. For strength, well I wasn't too sure about strength part. I thought of sticking debris or stones to my fist using 'Arion' might work but who knows how good that'll be. There was still one problem. Even if I somehow got a bit quicker than him or stronger than him, I would have to find a way hold him down. He has nice reflexes and since he's immune to pain, he won't stop even if he's being thrown stuff at him.

Soon the cake was cut, the song was sung, presents were being given and people were leaving the place. After some time, I was the only guest left who still hasn't given the gift.

"Sorry I wasn't around with you for the whole party even after I promised you." Stella came towards me with an apologetic face.

"Hey no need to feel sorry, it's your birthday party. I can't expect you to be with me all the time. It actually worked out pretty well for me."

"Oh so you loved that I wasn't with you?"

"No, no idiot. I meant that, there was something on my mind since yesterday, since I was alone for a while I sort of figured out a way for my problem." I saw Kate giving me knowing look with a smile.

"Yeah, sure. Now give me my presents." She smiled and ordered. I took two presents out of the bag. One was a big rectangular one and the other was a cube.

"Here, this is from Alex and Paige; they wish you happy birthday and feel sorry for not coming." I gave her the rectangular one. She opened it and it was a photo frame having a photo of us when we went to see movies. That was the day when she officially entered our group.

"Awww those guys, they are so sweet. I loved that day, one of the best days of my life."

"Yeah and here's this. This is from me." I gave her the cube. It was a blue case that had a silver pendant in it. The pendant had two interlocked rings hanging on a chain. I had her name engraved on the rings. "Well Paige helped me select it so in a way this is from her too."

"It's beautiful and has my name too." She came towards me and gave me a hug. She was shorter than me; I was a whole head taller than her. "This is the best present I can get. Thank you, Luci."

"You're welcome Stella."

"Honey it's getting late and you guys have school tomorrow. So we'll open the rest of the presents tomorrow and let Lucifer get home." Kate said.

"Mom, can Lucifer stay for the night? He's home alone anyway and it's quite dark outside." Stella broke the hug and asked her mom. Normally I would be ecstatic to stay the night with Stella but since I'm Spero now, I've got other things to do too. I was gonna oppose but then Caps cut me off.

"Sure honey, he can stay here."

"Are you sure Kate? I won't be bothering you?" I asked her hoping she might the hint.

"No you won't be bothering me. I can't let a friend of my daughter's go alone so late. Honey, go get some dad's old clothes for him." She said. Stella was very happy it seems and went to get some clothes for me. As soon as she was gone, I looked at Kate.