Fifteen

Erin's POV:

Silence. It ate away at us. We sat there silent. He looked at me like i had betrayed him. For all i knew i looked at him the same way. It was something about the fact that we shared the same face that made it easier to believe we felt the same way, but something about our contradicting personalities demolished those thoughts. Well i guess i should explain myself here.

I just got home from school. Uncle Ethan gave me an uneasy look as i entered alarming me until i saw my brother sitting at the kitchen table. That's where i am now. Face to face with my brother. It's been a week since i left my family for my uncle and cousins and i hadn't planned on face to face confrontation with him for a while.

"What are you doing here?" i sighed looking at him.

"Erin you left for a week" he sighed back "I get your upset and hurting and all that bullshit but that doesn't give you an excuse to run away to your alternate family."

"Like your any better. I've spoke to Lennon every day. You haven't talked to anyone since i left. Your practically gone yourself." I scoffed going to escape to my room. He chuckled at me as i turned away. "What?" i snapped.

"Everyone says were alike at school you know? They say we have the same face, but Asher you know what he said to me yesterday? He said we don't look as much alike as we act. He says we try are hardest do deny it but we react the same way. Dad says we act nothing alike but this kid says we do and now i see it. We both hide from conflict. You may run at things like drinking and drugs and police but you can't face the people who care. Neither can i. It took my all to come here today. I'm scared your going to completely shut me out. You don't realize it but i shut people out to. No one realizes it honestly. You were always the better twin so when you went missing they continued to focus on you. I was just kind of forgotten. Dad was to worried about you to realize i was fading to. Every guys at school was to busy trying to sleep with you to notice i quite the football team. I bet you didn't even know i quite football either. I don't even know why i'm here. You don't care. You don't care about anything. I wish i was like that. I wish i could just not give a shit. The problem is your so independent. You can do it all. Me, i depend on you. Since i was a kid i needed you. You use to need me to. We needed each other. You could never reach any of the shelves because you were tiny and i never was able to do my chores in time. When you cried i helped you and when i was angry you calmed me down. You were my best friend. But now you van't even look at me." Eric spoke "You didn't shut us all out is what i'm now realizing, you just stopped caring" he walked past me and towards the front door. My uncle Ethan stood in aw and i wanted to smack him. So i did.

"What the fuck Erin!" he yelled holding his cheek.

"I do care you dumb fuck! I didn't know who would leave or stay so i just pushed you all away. Don't say some sappy shit like family sticks together because mom was family an she left me too" I screamed with what felt like 6,000 tears streamed down my face, and if i wasn't acting bipolar enough i grabbed him in a hug. We just stood there crying and hugging like a duo of monsoons.  "I'll come home in a few days okay" I said pulling away from the hug. "And tell Asher to mind his own damn business."

*
*
*
Hey guys! I've kind of been taking a bit of a break. I just needed some time to rest and get ideas.