Part 4 - MIDNIGHT

Camila looks down below her at Australia from her view in the airplane and she thinks that things will get better.

She looks beside her at Lauren who was engrossed in her phone, with earphones on, and her mom who was watching a movie from the TV.

Best friends. It was a funny word to her now. Were they? They make out at night when they're alone together, sleep in the same bed when no one's watching, send out indirects to each other via Tumblr and Twitter, yet in the public eye, they avoid standing next to each other and they don't interact when performing on stage just like before. They were starting to get famous which meant that more people were watching them. Camren can't happen. In their book and that of their management and team, Camren was nonexistent.

But if you leave that part out, Camila wasn't so sure if they were still best friends. Lauren had gotten closer to Normani, while Camila had with Dinah. Outside of the group, Lauren had her own share of friends, and so did Camila.

Camila started noticing a change in Lauren. She was more carefree and didn't care what people thought. She was becoming more open about her sexuality by reblogging pictures of the female anatomy. Camila was scared. She starts to think that what if Lauren is comfortable enough to show off their relationship in public, take it to the next level, and she wasn't ready?

Camila wondered if Lauren thought as much as her when it came to their relationship.

When they got to the hotel, Camila found out that she and her mom were sharing rooms while Lauren had hers all to herself. Camila protested.

"Mija, give Lauren some privacy-"

"It's okay, Sinu. You're probably tired, I know Camila has bad sleeping habits, and I'm a heavy sleeper so I don't mind." Lauren casually but in. Sinu soon agreed since between them, she knew Lauren was the more older, responsible one.

Camila gave Lauren a look and soon followed her in their shared room. Camila crashed on the newly made bed out of habit. It was to her surprise when Lauren crashed next to her, their faces merely inches apart. Lauren's green eyes pierced into hers and gave her that look she was so familiar with. Camila broke into a grin and watched as Lauren's eyes crinkled in the corners as she smiled. Lauren pecked a kiss on Camila's lips and lay next to her, intertwining their hands together. Camila wished it was as easy as that between them forever. She felt something bitter form at her throat.

"I've missed this. I miss us," Lauren's voice echoing what Camila thought at that exact moment.

"Lauren, you have no idea," was all Camila said.

/

Camila hated that she went in the beach with Lauren because she couldn't stop staring at her wearing her bikini. It wasn't that she'd never seen it, because she's seen her like that at night in Lauren's room, but that she just couldn't take her eyes off her lover.

Lauren laughed at Camila when she was at the shore and a wave crashed on her, sending her back in the ocean. It was all for good fun since Sinu was with them. Her mom didn't notice anything suspicious about them though. She always knew that since Lauren had lots of similarities with her, they were naturally closer and she was a fellow Cuban so the intimacy is second nature.

At one point Lauren was in the deeper part of the ocean, only her shoulders peeking out of the water. Camila swam to her and held Lauren's hand underwater.

The green-eyed girl smiled. Camila wrapped her arms around her neck and her legs on the other girl's torso, giving her a koala hug. Lauren fell backwards and Camila was pulled underneath in the water.