Comforts in the Night

[A Cruel Angel's Thesis]

This melody........ Your mother used to play a music box like this. It was very comforting. It was your favorite lullaby she always sang to you. You wanted to sing like her someday. I can feel something warm. It was very.... comforting. I reach up and wrap my arms around it and pull it closely to me. I miss my parents. I miss their hug, their smiles, and the lullabies they sing. You hear someone call out your name.

"Y/N?"

That voice.....

I open my eyes slowly and see a black ceiling. Everything around me was mostly red and black.... I look to see that I was hugging Papyrus. Wait. What?! The warm thing that I hugged was Papyrus?! I immediately let go and grow flustered. He gets up and was hovering over me. He looked down at me with an unamused look on his face. I can feel my face heating up. How embarrassing. I cover my face and looked away. What was I doing?! I feel him hold the side of my face as he makes me look back at him. He places a cold towel on my head.

I look around and see that I was on the couch. Papyrus was sitting on a small stool next to me. He crosses his arms and huffs.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU."

Well excuse me. I cough and my throat starts to feel sore.

"AT LEAST I GET TO WATCH YOU SUF-"

I cough again and it's worse. I stop and hold my neck. God it feels so sore. Papyrus was looking at me with a little bit of hurt across his face. He gets up and goes into the kitchen. I hear a crash which made me jump up a bit. I hear something sizzling and then silence. I hear footsteps and there was Papyrus carrying back a pot of pasta? On the side was a small bowl of tomato soup. He sets the tray down on a small table next to me.

"Why are you taking care of me? Don't you want to kill me and take my soul?"

"SHUT UP."

I slowly get up and take the bowl of tomato soup first. Before I could dip my spoon in Papyrus looks away and says:

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T EAT IT."

I sigh and look down at the soup.

"It's fine. It's been a long time since someone made me something."

Papyrus's eyes widen a little bit and his face turns slightly red.

"HMPH."

I take a sip of the tomato soup and it tastes really good. It reminds me of the time my mom made me tomato soup. I feel something run down my face and my eyes widen. Am I..... crying?

"WHAT ARE YOU CRYING FOR? IS IT THAT GOOD?"

I wipe the tears away and smile a little.

"Yeah...."

His face turns slightly red before wiping it away.

"TCH."

After I finished the pasta and the soup I felt very happy. Then the memories of my parents came back. I struggled not to cry, but that was almost impossible. I lay back down again and cover my face with the blankets. I softly whisper:

"Thank you for the meal......"

My voice shook. Aw great. My body started to tremble a little bit. Stop crying already y/n. I'm not a child anymore. It was hard to keep the tears in. It hurt so much to think of my parents who are now gone...... I wish they were still here...... Once I make it back to the surface, where will I go after I kill him? It's so new and scary at the same time. I'm just alone now. I feel the couch shift a bit and Papyrus lifts the cover from my face. Don't look at me........

*Papyrus's P.O.V* 

Is she crying again? I remember seeing blood on her shirt when she first came here. Where was it from? I lift the cover from her face and see her crying face. Her teary (e/c) eyes were looking straight into mine. F***. I sigh and lifted her to my lap and pull her in for a hug. I whisper softly:

"Everything will be alright."

I  rub her back in a circular motion trying to calm her down. Her shaking slowly stops before I feel her arms wrap around me. I get a tense feeling, but relax. It's been so long since I've ever hugged anyone.

*Y/n's P.O.V*

I wrap my arms around him and cry. Why does my life have to be like this? I never asked for this kind of life. I open my eyes and look out the window. The Underground had turned darker and all I see are the lights that lit up the path of Snowdin. It's dark already? Papyrus suddenly lays me back on the couch before rubbing his neck.

"JUST DON'T CRY ANYMORE."

"Ok. Thanks for making me feel better."

He gets tense and he starts to blush.

"Papyrus?"

"IT'S NOTHING!"

He stomps upstairs before slamming his door shut. Geez. I should probably get some rest, but....... I pull my hands to my chest. He might be cold on the outside, but he was really warm. I shake my head and get rid of my thoughts as I pull the blanket up and sleep.

*Papyrus's P.O.V*

I grip the front of my battle body where my soul was. There was a tight...... "fuzzy" feeling. What the f*** is wrong with me? I have never felt this way to anyone before. Except for a small human girl. Before all this war happened. Before everyone lost hope. It couldn't possibly be her could it?