Let's Get This Show on the Road

We both hear a cough and see Sans at the end of the stairs.

"Am I interrupting something?"

I cover my face and look the other way while Papyrus glares at him. Sans just walks right past and opens the door.

"YES, YOU DID."

"I'm just gonna head to Grillby's."

He closes the door behind him and leaves us there ignoring us. Flustered, I get off his lap and stand there rubbing my arm. Papyrus gets up too and takes my hand. He starts to walk out the door.

"Papyrus? Where are we going?"

"I WOULD LIKE YOU TO MEET A FRIEND OF MINE."

A friend? All of a sudden? We took a boat ride with the river person to the Waterfalls and then he takes me down a path. The path led to a fish-shaped house. This is awfully familiar somehow. I stood behind him as he knocks on the door. Within a few seconds, the door swings open and there stood....Undyne. I'm dead.

"Papyrus? What are you doing here? It's been a while."

Undyne stops and looks at Papyrus with a funny face.

"Who's that?"

"A childhood friend."

"Really?! The one you've told me about? Let me see."

I come out from behind him and her face turns from happy to surprised.

"You!"

"H-hey" I waved back.

"YOU BOTH KNOW EACH OTHER?"

Papyrus looks between me and Undyne looking for an explanation.

*One long explanation later*

"YOU TRIED TO KILL HER?!"

I spread my arms out and blocked Papyrus so he couldn't hurt Undyne.

"But it's all good now. We're good friends."

Undyne whispered:

"We are?"

"Just play along for a sec."

Papyrus sighs and crosses his arms.

"IF YOU BOTH ARE GOOD FRIENDS, THEN I'LL LEAVE (Y/N) HERE. IF I FIND A SINGLE SCRATCH ON HER, I WON'T HESITATE TO FIGHT YOU."

Undyne grins.

"Deal."

Papyrus looks a little worried and looks at me. He prys himself away from my eyes before leaving.

"I WILL BE BACK SOON."

He leaves me here with Undyne as he disappears down the path. Undyne sighs as she motions me to come in her house.

"It'll be dangerous if s ok me one saw you here."

Undyne motions for me to sit at the small round table. Next to the table was her spear.

"Welcome to my home.... I guess."

I take off my cloak and lay it next to me.

"Do you want anything? I have some tea if you like."

"Yes please."

She starts to brew some tea with some golden flowers. I got up to help, but a blue spear was thrown and broke the table in half. Eyes wide, I didn't dare to move a muscle.

"Don't move! You are the guest so you just sit down and relax."

I slowly sit back down and put my hands in my lap. That was close. Too close. I could have died. I didn't even see it coming. She brings over with two cups of tea and sets one in front of me. We were both quiet until she spoke:

"Thanks for saving me back there, but why would you save me? I tried to kill you."

I sip the tea and the warmth spreads all over my body creating a warm happy feeling. I set the cup down.

"Well, I thought that you had a bad past about humans and I wanted to show you that not all humans are bad y'know? Sure, there are some humans who are bad, but not everyone is."

"I guess you're not bad....but still..... the fallen children in the past did nothing but try to kill everyone. That was when all monsters decided to kill the children. But you didn't."

Before I could say anything else someone began to knock at the door. Undyne turns to me and tells me to hide. I get up from my seat and hid under her piano.

"H-hi Undyne."

"Alphys? What are you doing here?"

"My computer has located the human here. Have you killed her?"

"Uh...yeah I did."

"Great! Where's the soul?"

Alphys?! That crazy scientist?! Undyne pulled her in the house and closed the door.

"(Y/n), you can come out."

I can? I come out from under the piano and see Alphys. She gasps and grabs Undyne by the arm.

"A human! Kill her!"

"She's a friend."

"W-what?! H-how?! She's a human!"

"Well, she's not a bad human. She's Papyrus's childhood friend. The one he told us about."

"That's her?! Really?"

Alphys walks over to me and holds my hand.

"Oh my.... I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought you were just another human killer."

You were confused. Talk about a dramatic change in behavior. You just had to ask.

"What did Papyrus say about me?"

Undyne and Alphys look at each other and smile. I'm surprised it's not the evil kind of smile I see on other monster's faces.

"Well..... he always talks about how nice you were to him and how you would take his side instead of the humans. No human child has ever done that before to a monster. That was until the war broke out. He was really sad that he couldn't see you again and yet, here you are."

You start to blush a little.

"He said that?"

Undyne and Alphys both smirk and they both said:

"Do you like him?"

My face begins to burn a little.

"W-well...."

Alphys stops smiling.

"Have you ever heard of it? The star of the Underground?"

"That cubic robot on television? What about him?"

"Well Mettaton actually has a crush on Papyrus. The royal guard. If he sees you or even finds out that you like him, he'll try to kill you."

Undyne begins to speak:

"Many monsters fell in love with Papyrus and Mettaton would always win the battle, but Papyrus always refused Mettaton's offer on a date."

Alphys speaks with her head down.

"I programmed him to kill any human that was here to threaten us. I have to get him to stop otherwise he'll-"

Alphys stops mid-sentence as something crashed through the wall. A cubic robot. Mettaton.

"Well hello there beauties~ and what have we here? A human! This will surely get my ratings going. Take her away and bring her to my show."

Mettaton leaves, but a group of monsters come in and snatched me up off the floor.

"Hey! Let me go!"

Alphys and Undyne tried to help, but they had already taken me out through the hole.

"(Y/n)!!!"