Chapter 5

I stepped back confused. "What is this Marvin?" He tried to walk past me, "Aren't you going to answer me?" I said pushing him into my office chair.

"I was trying to look at... th... the... the files." he squeaked.

"Why?" I asked, leaning down and staring into his face.

"I was just curious why you always get these secret files..." he said.

"I get them because I'm trusted and good at my job!" I cut him off practically yelling.

I picked him up by his tie and escorted him back to his desk. I walked away without saying a word and returned to my desk. I pulled his mangled key out of the lock and opened my drawer with the file. I pulled out the instructions and read them quickly, this was mistake three. I found out I had a deadline and that was midnight tonight.

I worked quickly trying to get all the necessary accounts, numbers, and data in place to intercept the foreign trade. The transfer of data was supposed to take place at midnight. I was typing furiously, so much so I had a bead of sweat dripping down my face. I quickly wiped it away and looked up there were about ten people left at their cubicles. I see Marvin watching me carefully. He makes a quick phone call and Terry walks up behind me only seeing me playing Pong. We converse quickly before he leaves for home. I go back to work but look up to see Marvin pulling Terry to the side.

Leaving that out of my mind it is nearing eleven o'clock, so I quickly resume work. I finished my last ghost account and look up to see Marvin approtching so I switched to Hacker 2. Marvin looks at my computer and says, "Really? Staying here to play videogames?"

I reply, "Pretty amazing internet so i can't complain."

"See you tomorrow." he said turning and leaving with a look of failure on his face.

I was ahead of schedule. My challenge was to wait until the money transferred from the account here in the U.S. to an account in Russia. Afterwards I hack the account here and copy the data they receive in a matter of seconds to make it seem like lag. If I took to long they would get suspicious. With ten minutes left I sit there waiting. I look up and notice everyone has finally left, so I lean back in my chair and wait not having to worry if anyone was watching.