Chapter 3

I was sitting there playing Pac-Man bored out of my mind, when all of a sudden i got an alert. I quickly scrolled through my list of secure accounts that I manage and i found one that seemed as if it was being hacked. I quickly reversed the hack and within a few seconds i put a unicorn on this hacker's desktop and set off my signature worm. Seconds later i get an I.M. "Shark in the Feeding Tank!!!" 

The Shark is the head honcho was doing one of his "daily walk throughs" which happened weekly if not monthly. Anyways, Ted, is the guy that mass I.M.s everyone as a warning. Sadly there is a reason he warns everyone, especially the new guys. If the Shark catches you doing anything non-work related he will fire them on the spot. After minimizing my I.M. page i went back to Pac-Man. The Shark stood behind me with a manila envelope.

"Mr. Larson have you beat your high score yet?" questioned Mr. Steven "Shark" Mathews.

"I beat the one you saw on my lunch break yesterday," I bragged, "but I'm not too far off it right now." I finished barely paying any attention to him.

"Wow," he said astonished, "I have a job only your expertise can handle." he finished placing the envelope on my desk.

I looked up at him after losing my last life beating my second highest score saying, "Any specifics or just the usual shut down?"

He looked at me with a stern face, "I need you to be a ghost copy some files and extract data without suspicion."

"Yes sir," I replied with a slight hesitation, "Are these important files?"

"Vastly." he breathed as he turned to leave.

I exited my game folder and checked on my worm, it had just finished deleting the hacker's files and put the message, "Th@nx 4 Pl@y1ng" on the hacker's screen before restarting the computer with only factory settings. I chuckled lightly before carefully opening up the envelope.