Chapter 9

"I didn't do anything." he said frantically, "He just showed up with the officers..." he paused, "Do you have any info?" he asked quickly.

"Yes I printed out some of the files and it is all copied on a couple of flash drives." I answered him cautiously.

"This isn't the place for info swapping, where should we meet?" he questioned.

"The internet cafe on Broad Street?" I asked him then looked around.

"Okay, 11:30 sharp." he said backing away. He turned then walked quickly to his car, I looked around some more. I saw a man looking at me then at the car. His hood covered his face. He pushed through the crowd making sure his hood kept his face hidden.

I returned to the Fed inside the office. "So do you need any help?" I asked hoping for a no. 

As if he read my mind, "As a matter a fact yes I do. I think I could use someone to help me rummage through the wreckage to find why this happened." he finished looking at me curiously, awaiting my answer.

"Sure." I said semi-energetically, trying to make it seem like it was one of those once in a life time opportunities. 

He smiled saying, "Great, do you mind working until we are finished?" he asked.

"No, I don't mind." I said 

"Perfect." he said standing up. "I will have these computers escorted back to my lab to see what we can get from them." he was smiling at me as he said this. He walked out the door saying the police man will bring you when you are ready." 

I walked out the front door and said, "Could I go home really quick?" He nodded and I hopped into the car and started for my apartment. I looked back to see computer being placed into another squad car. "Be right back." I told him as I stepped out. I entered the elevator, and pulled my phone out to check the time. 7:36a.m. I put my phone away just as the elevator reached the pause. I waited as the elevator stopped a floor early. The doors opened and in walked Jack holding his laundry basket.

"Hey, you back early." he said jokingly.

"Yeah, there was a problem at work, everyone has today off, but i have to help this Fed." I said in an even tone slightly irritated.

"You aren't kidding are you." he said slightly surprised. "What happened?"

"Explosion that came from a bomb placed at my desk, as well as computers thrown around. So now I have to help this Fed recover data." I said more irritated. 

"I know how you feel about the Feds, but you have nothing to worry about. Right?" he asked.

"No, not even a bad website." I told him, half lying.

"Okay, then work fast and leave?" he offered. 

"Yeah." I said forcing myself to smile as the elevator doors opened. I waved good bye and walked to my door. I entered and bandaged up my hand finally. I opened my safe, and I grabbed my smaller laptop, and secure wifi hot spot. I pushed them into my back pack and I placed one of the flash drives into my safe. If you are wondering my safe is within the underside of my bed.

I put on my backpack and walked outside locking my door and I stood waiting for the elevator. I heard the door of the staircase close slowly. I peered at the door studying it for a couple seconds. After being pleased it was nothing I entered the elevator. Then, I got back in the car and we drove to the Federal Bureau of Investigation building. I walked in and showed my ID card to the front desk secretary and he told me to follow the man that was standing there.

"Greg is waiting for you, the computers just got here. Please follow me." said the tall black suited man.