Chapter 11

I had began to sweat nervously, scared of what was to become of me and my boss as he coward behind me. "Wh... What" I gulped, "What are you going to do with us?" I asked dumbly.

"Just be quiet and nothing will have to happen." The hooded woman said.

Just then Mr. Mathews let out a whimper, "Shut him up!" she said starting to get frustrated.

She wanted to end us right then and there, pistol trained on us and she wouldn't be heard at all. There was nothing stopping her from shooting us except she kept looking at the fire. I had found her weakness.

"You know there are many more copies of those files." I said before I could stop myself. That was the stupidest thing I could have possibly done, but it gave us another few minutes of life.

"What?" She said turning surprised and annoyed. "What do you mean more files?"

"I mean that I have more copies of the files in locations around the city, one of them happens to be on the computer you tried to blow up. That one is being processed by the FBI sometime soon." I said as I continued to not think before I spoke.

She began pacing around the back of the barrel, never once did the pistol move from its target, Me. While she paced back and forth I looked around trying to conjure an escape plan. Seeing nothing coming too easily, she broke my thought process saying, "You are going to go get them all and bring them to this location and leave them in the bottom of the barrel." she decided plainly.

"What if I don't?" I asked curious.

"He dies." she said pointing at Mr. Mathews with her pistol.

"What if I refuse your offer?" I asked testing her limits.

"Then I just shoot you now." she said unemotionally.

Knowing her threats, I turned from her picking up Mr. Mathews and started to walk out of the alleyway. "Halt!" she said as she shot the ground in front of me from between my legs.

I stopped moving, frozen in fear because I had reasoned that she wasn't going to do anything. "Kneel down! Keep your backs to me." she said with great force.

I spoke quietly, "Can I at least face my killer? I want to see your grey eyes one last time before I die."

"Be careful with your movement." she warned me, allowing me to turn around slowly.

I gazed up into her eyes, not flinching when the silencer of the gun came to rest on my forehead. I saw my chance, coming slowly. I needed to keep her from shooting for a few more seconds. "I guess now would be a bad time to ask if I could do as you asked?" I said trying to waste a few more seconds.

"That opportunity is long gone," she said unmoved.

"Can I see your face? I would like to know who you are, please I'm begging you." I asked carefully wasting time.

"No!" she snapped, hitting me with the butt of the pistol. As I re-steadied myself she said, "I'm tired of you wasting my time. Say your Goodbyes."

There was the sound of a slowly sliding, metal on metal, trigger being pulled. This was followed by the clank of the hammer hitting the firing pin.