Injuries [I]

a svtfoe thought. tho i know this won't happen :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AT THE BLONDE. She dropped the spatula so she immediately knelt to get it, and once she did, she continued to go cray-cray and scare kids all over the place. She was inside the mall and the security were after her - that was what everyone was seeing, but for Star Butterfly, she was holding a wand in hand and the guards were monsters, the littlest one is whom she calls by the name 'Ludo'.

She went outside of the mall, and hid behind a really big tree. After she pretended that she hit them with some magic, whispering "Narwhal Blast" to herself. After that, she ran away. Star Butterfly was sixteen years old and has a best friend named Marco Diaz.

The Butterfly girl was popular in their street. First of all, they all know that she lives with the Diaz's. No one knows where her parents live, and only Mr. and Mrs. Diaz know, but they refuse to speak. Since it was summer and the heat was unbearable, their neighbors conclude that Star went all coo-coo because of the heat. The Diaz's (except for Marco) know that she isn't.

Marco went down his motorcycle and entered the mall. He kept on hearing people talking about a blond running around the mall with a spatula, pretending that she was fighting supernatural beings. After roaming around the whole mall, Marco face-palmed because he just missed his best friend again. He went outside and began to drive to search for Star.

As for Star, she visited Echo Creek Academy. She didn't know why, exactly. But there were still tons of people there. With a spatula in hand, she went near people that she knew and didn't. Some would laugh at her, and some would just smile. They know her past. Of course, the neighbors didn't, but the students at Echo Creek Academy do.

They pity her. And they also pity their best friend. Even Brittany Wong pities the two...except for Jackie Lynn Thomas. She was enrolling and she was a transferee, so how would she know their past?

Star happened to past by her. She greeted her with a bright smile. "Hello, Miss! My name's Star Butterfly and I'm a magical princess from another dimension! I just passed by to know your name because you look pretty."

Thomas looked at her with disgust. Just so, Janna was watching...she knew Jackie, but she knew Star better. Jackie raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me? Did you somehow hit your head too hard?"

"What are you talking about?"

"First of all, you're not a magical princess," Jackie said too loud. Star frowned. Janna prevented herself from interjecting - she can't find Jackie because that'll only make things worst. The best thing to do is to wait for all of these to be over and comfort Star after. "That's a spatula, for your information...because maybe you thought it's a silly wand."

Tears started to form in Star's eyes. "No...this..." Her vision blurred and once it was normal, she only saw a spatula. A freaking spatula and not the purple wand she used to hold all the time. "W-what? This can't be possible. This is...it's not..."

"It is." Jackie went near her. "Are you crazy?" She then smirked. "I guess I can answer that question myself." Jackie got her skateboard and went away. Everyone else inside Echo Creek Academy murmured and felt sad for Butterfly. When they started walking away, Janna came back to her senses. She went to Star who was now kneeling and hugged her.

Star continued to wept. "Janna...why are you still here? Aren't you afraid of me?" Janna's hug became tighter. "Weren't you once afraid of me? Pretending I was a princess? Pretending that I did all of those stupid stuff?" Janna shushed Star.

"You're not crazy," she said to the princess, and it was true. "Believe me, you really are not. Marco may not know it, but you're just a normal girl who's going through freaking bad stuff. Soon, you'll understand. He'll understand it, too."

"Marco also found me crazy, didn't he?"

"But he shouldn't."

Star released the hug. She stood up, threw away the spatula and ran away from Janna. When she was outside of Echo Creek Academy, Marco showed up on his motorcycle. He removed his helmet and went down. Star took a step backward and Marco found it weird; his best friend wasn't usually like that. Of course she was crazy, but not she's never been like that.

He took a step forward, and Star did the opposite. "Star, what has gotten into you? Why are you acting so different?" The boy asked. A tear escaped from Star's eye and Marco felt guilt inside him. He didn't know why, because he just did all of a sudden.

"You should've have asked that question to me a long time ago."

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about," Star said sternly.

Marco's jaw dropped. Star realized... "Star, don't be like that. You were...cray-cray...for months only. It isn't bad and we can still fix it, I promise. Just look! You're starting to realize things and that means you're close to recovery." Marco suppressed a smile, trying to lighten things up but Star continued to cry. He didn't like it when his best friend cried.

She ran...once again. Marco followed her. Star was fast, but Marco was faster. Eventually he caught up on her a couple of minutes later. He grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her just to look her in the eye. Star closed it. She didn't want to look at Marco after everything that she knew. He could've have told her earlier, but what did he do?

He exactly did nothing and let her look stupid...he let the people laugh at her...he let the people look at her with disgust. How couldn't Star be angry?

"I know what you're thinking," Marco blurted out. "I know you'll not believe me, but what you're thinking isn't real. I've been by your side...Star..."

A portal opened.

Star's eyes flew open and saw it. She wanted to go inside, but Marco pulled her into a hug, as if protecting her. Her guts told her that this wasn't the right thing to do. Of course, she found out that she was crazy and what she wanted to do might be crazy, too, but she felt like it was the right thing to do...and she had to bring Marco with her.

"Let's go inside," she ordered the boy.

"What? No!" Marco never let go of the hug. "We're staying here. Let's find a way to go back to the motorcycle."

Star looked at him. If we take a step, then the portal might vacuum us in, she wanted to tell him. But a brilliant plan came inside her head. It was bad, not telling Marco, but she was sort of desperate to go inside that portal. She looked at the blue opening and at the boy who was currently staring at her. "...Star-?"

"Okay, let's find a way to go inside- I mean, find the motorcycle and go home."

Marco smiled. They both took a step, and they were both sucked by the portal.