Somali Attitude

I finally got discharged.I hated staying at the hospital.I had spent all the time staring at the walls but mostly chatting with Asha.She was very friendly and she liked me.I could tell that she liked me because she was upset when I was leaving.She gave me her number before I left.

The thought of going back home made me wish the ground to open wide and swallow me.My brother drove me home.We didn't speak to each other the whole time.
The only person who was happy to see me was Samira.The rest went there ways to avoid me. I deserved how they treated me.My mum could barely even look at me. But I was only interested in knowing where dad was. I hadn't seen him since that moment.

"Where is dad?"I asked as I turned to Samira."I don't know he was just here a while ago."She replied.
I went to my room and laid on my back thinking about dad.I stayed in my room all night.
********************
I opened my eyes and found someone.I rubbed my eyes to confirm who it was."What are you doing here Yusuf?"I asked as I sat up. He walked away before he gave me one last stare.

"What did he want?"I asked myself.It felt like I got up in time before he could strangle me.I went down where the whole family sat. My five brothers,my niece and my mum.Dad was missing."He probably spent the night elsewhere."I thought.
I sat on the table where everyone else was.They kept quiet once they felt my presence.Yusuf got up and left.The rest then followed him except my mother and Samira.

"What an attitude."I said.
*************************
All day long I had waited for my dad to show up but he didn't.