Fake it Till You Make it

Morning arrived.I got up early as usual.I was such a morning person.Breakfast was my favorite meal.If only I was woken up by the smell of bacon or scrambled eggs like before.

Ever since dad passed mum never got up to cook breakfast like before. I took shower and got ready.

I wanted to see Fauz.I just can't hold back. I was so used to him.I was used to seeing him around. I didn't want to give up on him.

I still had the uniform. I knew exactly what to do.There was no stopping. I had to convince Fauz to drop the court order.

I wore the uniform. Getting out of the house without getting caught was a huge task but I'd managed to get out.I got into my car and hit the gear.

I parked my car few blocks from the hospital just to be safe.Before I knew my skinny legs were already dragging me to the hospital.

On entering I saw a file.I grabbed it,I wasn't going empty handed.I had to fake it that I was a nurse.

"Hey miss!" I heard a lady's voice call out for me but I didn't look back.I took long steps almost running until I lost sign of her.

My heart was pounding against my chest.There was no stopping. I felt Fauz needed me.I manage my way inside again.

He was asleep until he realized someone came in.I looked down.I was afraid he would know it's me.I pretended I was looking at the file that I practically stole.

I took a quick glance at him and then looked away when I noticed he was staring at me.
"Oh my God please help me.You need to tell him Nahla.It's now or never.." I battled myself.

The pressure was too much.I decided to go.On turning he holds my hand.I died inside due his touch.How I missed his skin on mine.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked.
I was melting at that time.I wondered why he'd ask why I was avoiding him when in fact I was doing the opposite. His mother probably was the cause.I turn to answer him.To tell him how much I had missed him.

He then cuts me off before I could say anything. "Munira please talk to me." He said.My heart skips a beat.Confused by what was happening. I was sure of what I heard.

Before I could say anything Mohammad walks in."Nurse you are wanted elsewhere. "He said angrily.

I could tell he was angry but that was least of my concerns. He pulled me all the way down to the hallway.He pushed me inside a room then closing it behind him.

" Are you crazy.Do you know his mother is in the lobby on her way to her son..."
Word after word came out of his mouth.I didn't pay attention. All I could hear was,"Munira please talk to me".It played and replayed on my mind.

"Are you even listening to me!" I am woken from my thoughts. "Mohammad I am sorry,it won't happen again." I assured him.

"Why? Why are going after someone who is pushing you away!" He said almost shouting. "Fauz isn't like that!" I warned.

"Yeah? What do you call restraining order? Don't be blinded by love.He doesn't want you.You have to understand that.I know what its like to..." He stops.

I didn't bother to ask him to continue eventhore I was following up to what he was saying.

"All I am saying..." I cut him off.

"Is there a nurse called Munira here?" I asked.He looks at me like as if I was crazy.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"He called me that name. I think he thought I was another nurse.He held my hand and I thought he knew it was me but no.He thought he was holding that Munira!" I shouted.

Mohammad came close and started wiping my tears.That was when I realized I was even crying. He was being so sweet but all I wanted were answers.

**************************

Mohammad managed to convince me to leave.He was driving me in my car.

"I know it's the wrong time to bring this up but you need to hand me the uniform. You will get in trouble not only for breaking the court order but also for impersonating to be a nurse."

"I understand." I agreed.