1|10: Dear Lacey, Love Toby.

Unfolding The Unplanned.

Chapter 10: Dear Lacey, Love Toby.

($) Toby's Point Of View ($) – November 2021.

Over the last two weeks, I have been debating whether or not I definitely want to do this. I know I want to do this but I am not sure when or how I should do this. I can either just simply do the plan, ask her or I can go all out and ask her in an unusual way. Don't get me wrong, I have asked my friends and family what I should do and how I should do this and they all came up with the same answer what just consists of asking her.

Lacey has been raving about Pinterest recently as she has got recipes for mug cakes from there, so I decided to have a look on there and see why she keeps raving about it. I spent about twenty minutes on there as I got side-tracked by the recipes on there too. I have found a couple of recipes that I and Lacey can make in the week, I was about to go off the app but then someone caught my eye on there and I have decided that was the thing I was going to do for Lacey.

The thing that caught my eyes was genius and I am really looking forward to doing it, the sooner the better and my plan is already in motion as we speak. Lacey is out with Olivia, Rachel and Rebecca, Olivia is distracting her while I plan, my plan is really simple as all I need to do is film a video. I know that simple.

Anyhow so you are probably wondering what my plan is and it is simply as all I am going to do is propose to Lacey. Yes, you heard it, I am going to propose to Lacey later to tonight however, I am not going to propose like a normal human being. Oh no, I am going to film myself proposing to Lacey on YouTube, upload it and wait for her to watch it herself. I got the idea from Pinterest and I bloody love it. However, there is a twist to the video and that is that I have asked our subscribers to take a photo of themselves with one letter of the alphabet and I am going to put it together at the end of the video – it will either spell 'marry me' or 'will you marry me'. Also I have secretly asked them to record themselves saying something that they like about Lacey or what they like about us two together. I have also asked them to speak about their favourites memories of us or memories that they find funny; I will put them into the end of the video. I hope that Lacey doesn't find out about our subscribers videos and pictures yet as it will ruin the whole plan.

Okay Toby you can do this, don't be a wimp and just get on with it. Pressing record on the camera, I make sure I look okay in the mirror (ranking a hand through my hair, making sure it looks okay) behind the camera and then smile into it. "This isn't a usual video that I do on my channel but I got this idea off Pinterest the other day and I wanted to do this other idea for so long so after finding this idea off Pinterest. I want to film it so Lacey can see it as soon as possible and she can give me the answer to the question that I am going to ask her." I say into the camera, remembering to breathe and I grab the glass of water off the side table next to the bed as I can already feel my throat closing up.

Setting it back onto the side, I then pick up my phone from the bed, I go to the 'notes' section and stare at what I have typed down. Once I have had a quick look at notes, I place my phone back down onto the bed and look at the camera. "So Lacey we have known each other since the start of secondary school, it's about eight years I believe but I could be wrong as I haven't done proper maths in about two years. From the moment I met you back in year seven, I knew you were special and I could not keep my eyes off you and it's the same now. The last six years have been crazy, I cannot still believe that I am twenty four years old and I have three beautiful children that I adore and I would do anything for them and you baby. The last six years have been anything but boring, heck the last eight years have been anything but boring. Since I met you, you have lit up my world and took me on a journey that no one else can, I love you darling."