5- Red Calls For Blue

Sorry for the delay. So many things to worry about, I barely have time to finish this chapter. But still, I hope you'll find it worth it and not that long. Enjoy! Stay safe!

"You put down one color and it calls for an answer. You have to look at it like a melody."

-- Romare Bearden

TROY's POV

The engine runs smooth and tends to blend to the moderate winds of the night. It took my good friend Michael Lamfort only 15 minutes to race back to us riding his family's old Ferrari.

I sat beside the driver's seat (which apparently was taken by Carlo Rafael since he drives more steadily than the three of us) and on the back were Shantelle Osbourne with her multi-colored hair (silver on the right and shimmery purple on the left) scanning her bag for flashlights. Beside her was Michael who seem to text someone, probably making a lame excuse to his mom about not borrowing the car formally, which means he literally stormed the vehicle out of their garage after borrowing(stealing) the keys since his parents are not home.

It never occurred to us what will happen next or how are going to make that next happen. All we know is that we need to reach Samantha's house before our parents notice that we've been driving in the middle of the night with no acceptable excuse except finding some pretentiously hypothetical clues. It will sound like something stupid to most adults. Well, in fact mostly everything you say seems stupid to adults.

To sooth things a little bit, I turned on the radio and the stereo kicked in;

so come back, come back, come back to me like you would, you would, if this was a movie, standing in the rain until I came out...

The melodic rhythm carved its way to my brain, edging it with memories and anxiety. This was one of the songs in our dream filled Music Book.

Since the day I mentioned Taylor Swift to Samantha, she said she actually enjoyed the country pop music vibe, though I suspect she only said that so I will be debt to listen to one or more of her chosen artists (which happened to be Boy George and Winger) and say counter compliments about it. I never really liked both of that, so I asked for her to give me other singers, preferably recent ones. All through the night we've made ourselves filled with song recommendations, I ended up liking most of the songs she gave me; my favorite pick was Decode from Paramore and she ended up hooked with Thrift Shop and several Swift songs like Haunted, Sparks Fly, Red, and If This Was a Movie.

She said that the last song was her top pick for tonight.

And now, as the song echoes inside the car, I can see why she chose it. Maybe because of the lyrics, maybe because she wants to sing it to someone-

to Trevor. Maybe.

It makes sense, she wanted this Trevor guy to come after her and chase her and reconsider her feelings. Somehow, rummaging through all these things, I felt some jealousy and hatred towards that Trevor. Samantha was gone because of him. Anger boils up inside my chest and I curl my hands into fists, letting a heavy sigh escape from my mouth. Anger won't be any help for me tonight.