What Do You Need? (Sterek)

Stiles smiles to himself when he sees a spoon appear on the ground, and he takes it before digging it into the pint of ice cream in his hand. He doesn't sit up to eat, the wood floor is comfortable again his back, and he looks up at the ceiling as Christmas lights hang on the walls. It reminds him of home, which is why he's here, and he licks over the spoon as he hears the door open. He watches another student poke their heads into the room, and Stiles finally sits up. "Hey." Stiles says, licking a line of ice cream that falls down his hand. The familiar looking boy turns towards him in surprise, and he looks around in confusion. "It's the Room of Requirement." Stiles says, grinning at little at the young man's confused face.

"Room of Requirement? I thought they closed that after the Battle of Hogwarts?" He asks, and Stiles laughs as he takes his head. He takes another bite of ice cream, and the boy watches him. "what are you eating?" He asks, and Stiles sighs.

"You've never heard of ice cream? Have you not heard of it because you're from a wizarding family or because you're Irish? Do they not have ice cream in Ireland?" Stiles asks the boy, and he earns himself a dark look.

"I didn't recognize the brand!" He says, crossing his arms over his Ravenclaw robes. Stiles is in muggle clothes, or his own clothes since he's from a muggle family, and he sits cross legged on the ground. "Why are their fairy lights in here? Why didn't you just go home for Christmas?" He asks him, looking at him cautiously before he sits down next to him. Stiles laughs as he looks around at the room, and he shrugs his shoulders. His dad is going to be working the entire holiday so it wouldn't have mattered if he went home or not, and the young man hums as he looks around. "So how does this work? Do you just wish for things?" He asks.

"Are you sure you're a Ravenclaw?" Stiles asks him, and the boy glares at him again. "Kidding, no. It just gives you what you need. I can't just wish for Lydia Martin naked dancing for me and get it." Stiles says, and the boy looks at him in disgust. "But I can get ice cream and Christmas lights since I'm sad. How did you even find this place?" Stiles asks him, taking a bite of ice cream. The boy shrugs, but Stiles sees his mind working. "Anyways. I'm Stiles. I'm a sixth year Slytherin." Stiles says, holding a sticky hand out for him to shake.

"Derek. Seventh year." Derek says, gesturing to his blue robes before shaking his hand. "I was just walking and thinking, and suddenly there was a door. I opened it and there you were." Derek says, and Stiles hums as he looks at him.

"What were you thinking about?" Stiles asks him, curiously. Derek doesn't answer him a first as he looks around the room, and Stiles takes a large bite of ice cream. "I mean, it had to be something or the door wouldn't have opened." He adds on.

"I thinking about how lonely I was, and that I needed a friend." Derek says, and Stiles grins at him as he waves his wand with a mumble of 'accio spoon'. Derek takes it from him, looking at him curiously before Stiles hands him the pint of ice cream, and he looks at him.

"The room provides what the seeker needs." Stiles tells him, and Derek gives him a smile.

Requested by: narry-ontop

Artist: stiles-and-the-sourwolf