Mermaid!Lydia (Allydia)

Lydia swims around the clear water, just low enough that the humans can't see her but up enough that the she can see by the light of the sun, and she swishes around the salt water. Her gills flared as she breathes in deeply when she sees a boat go by, and she rolls her eyes as she moves back into the shadows. It wasn't safe to be out when humans were, she loved summer since the sun was out more but the sun brought more humans which she didn't like. It's not that she was weary or distrustful of them, she knew that they weren't all bad, but she didn't want to be seen. Lydia stayed and watched the sky for a few more moments before she began to swim back down to her cave, not wanting to home later, but she stops when she hears a splash that's strong enough to make Lydia feel the water change.

Lydia swims forward, still hidden in the shadows, and she looks at the descending figure. It's a human much to Lydia's surprise since they don't come here often. There's too many sharks, while they don't bother mermaids they tend to attack humans, so Lydia was curious. She swims forward more until she can see the panicked look on the girl's face. Her skin is covered with tight fabric (What did Stiles call it? Cludder? Cothes? Something like that, she thinks.), and Lydia reaches forward to touch it with curiosity. It's oddly slick, and Lydia looks at the girl. The girl's arm wave around erratically, almost hitting Lydia several times, as she tries to make herself go up. Lydia sees her struggling, and she grabs her around her waist to help her but she's not moving anymore. Lydia knows that's not good, and she remembers something about humans needing air.

It's a spilt decision but Lydia leans forward to press her open mouth against the girl's, filtering in oxygen into her lungs, and the girl's eyes open. Her eyes shut almost immediately, the salt hurting them, and Lydia breathes out as she swims forward towards the surface. Lydia doesn't think that the pretty girl will remember this, so she doesn't regret saving her. Plus, she only likes to trick men so hurting a woman wasn't really her thing. Lydia can see bright light from the sun, and she breathes out deeply into the girl's mouth for one last breath before pushing her towards the surface. The girl opens her eyes for a second, and Lydia presses her finger to her lips for a second before she dives down deeply to get out of sight but she watches to make sure that she makes it to the surface.

"Allison!" Scott yells, lifting Allison up onto his board by her underarms and he looks at her. "You were under there a long time! What the hell happened?" Scott asks, looking her over. Allison breathes out deeply as she looks at the water, but there isn't a sight of the red haired creature that saved her life.

*I like this one. I don't know if that breathing into their mouth thing would work, but it did in a movie so.*

Requested by: Dini

Artist: meledea