Day 16: Its Trust

Finnick | Pristine

(Day 15) Ever since the news, Finnick hasn't been the same. He's been quiet.. Less active, kept himself on the porch, sleepless in the nights, worried in the day.
He spends less time with Alo. And Alo cries for him every time he leaves to go somewhere.
The little one just wants to hold Finnick's nose, that's all he wants, it's what comforts him.
Finnick used to get up in the night to hold Alo, now he only gets up to take a long walk or perhaps go somewhere. For sure he gets a drink or two, considering his smell when coming back. Even after his shower the scent of alcohol leaks upon him. 
Pristine can smell it, but she doesn't complain about it.

Somethings eating up Finnick.
Before the train wreck he's been deprived and under stress.
What ever is stealing away his hopes, it's getting to Pristine, like some contagious disease. She wants to help him, with everything she gots. And she might have a way, just might.

(Day 16) Morning struck the clock. A rainy day, a foggy morning, windy climate and swaying trees.
Finnick sat on the back porch, surprising enough. He held Alo. Rocking him back and forth, putting him asleep with the magic works of motion and inertia.
Finnick invested his eyes at the pouring rain, hearing the water collide against the ground.
It's one of Finnick's favorite things to hear besides hip hop music; Rain shatter on the floor.
Alo must've loved the rain to, since he fell asleep without filing a complaint. Here and there he'd wake up and reach out at the wet sky. Yet failed miserably, so he took custody of Finnick's nose. Then fell back asleep in that manner.
Finnick smiled at Alo's actions, looked down at him and began to pour himself in his memories. Memories of finding Alo, the change that happened. The beginning of the month. He suddenly began remembering all the things.. Like the time Nick asked him to be his best man at his future wedding. The time Bogo carried Nick across the venomous flames, and when he saw Nick leave into the fire to save a life or two.
Nick's a brave fox. He changed all his ways of living because of a bunny. A bunny who hustled him good, a bunny that's part of the fuzz.
Ever since that bunny, Nick became kind, gentle and more of the fox his mother wanted him to be.
Finnick can't complain about Nick's change, there is nothing to complain about. Sure Nick spends less time with Finnick, but atleast he's done so for the better good.
But since the news eventually revealed his badge found.. And in the afternoon the news later released more information upon Nick, that they found him and he might go under surgery.
That's the last Finnick heard.
Poor Finnick doesn't know Nick is alive and breathing. And Judy is resting beside him, waiting for him to return in reality.

Pristine went out of bed, got a cup of water and noticed Finnick on the back porch with Alo. He sat on a wooden chair, surveying the rain and lost in his mind.
The sight of Finnick holding Alo touched Pristine's heart, made her feel all light hearted and jittery. But him being sad, bothered her. She wants to help. And that's all she can think about, is helping him.
She has nothing else to loose.

"Yo how's the day?" Pristine spoke with little slang, hoping to make him smile, which it worked. Only for half a second.
"Feelin low, upset bout Nicky an the Train. I ain't happy Pris. All this stuff happenin. It's messed up." Pris is the nickname Finnick gave her, which she doesn't mind at all.
"I'm sure you're friend will be okay. Even though the news gives us all the wrong and all the hopelessness. I'm confident he's okay because I believe. With child like faith I do." She smiled, glaring into Finnick's eyes.
Her eyes had a certain welcome, She gave this type of glance when they met in the library. The first time she finally met him..
But this type of contact made Pristine's welcome clear. Clear as day, noticeable like a phone screen flickering in the darkness.
Finnick can see something in her, through her eyes is him. .
He's as transparent as her eyes, vulnerable, sort of weak and pitied. Through her purple eyes Finnick can see his own eyes and through those eyes became an inception. A forever on going illusion of eyes. Eyes that read Finnick's personality, his troubles, weak points, issues, dreams and grave matters.
Pristine can literally read him.
She can see right through him.. It's like she's knows everything about Finnick.
What if she does?
A question Finnick cannot answer, a rhetorical dice he can't mess with.