Chapter 8

There are no words, for there are so many to describe love. It is intense, passionate and it feels like home. It was not hard, all you had to do was surrender yourself entirely to the person you're committing the sweet crime with. Castiel fully surrendered himself to Dean Winchester, he was captivated by those emerald hues, the way he would hold him at night, the way he calls him 'baby', the meaningful sex they have and the way they would kiss. It was effortless. Being in love was elementary. Yet, Dean fell in love with the little things Cas were not aware he was doing. It was the certain things which made Cas, Cas. The way his nose will crinkle up when he was laughing because he would made the biggest smiles, his shyness, the way he dances and the way when the colour of his eyes.

"Hey Cas," Dean said softly, lifting his attention from the movie in front of them to the window. The skies were grey and dark clouds loomed over the sun. It looked as if it was going to rain anytime soon, not just a shower of water droplets though, but a lot. The two were cuddled upon the sofa which was facing the television screen; Dean had an arm wrapped around his lover.

"Yes, Dean?" Castiel questioned, moving his gaze to Dean's face. He wasn't staring back. He followed the direction where he was looking at before moving back to Winchester.

"Do you know why the sky are so grey today, Cas?"

"Because the weather forecast said it would be raining all week..." He answered quite obliviously than Dean was expecting.

"Incorrect." Dean chuckled lightly, only to get Cas to furrow his brows to the centre in confusion. "It is because all of the shades of blue from the sky are in your eyes." The puzzled expression Castiel was wearing a couple of moments ago dissolved, in fact, it caused the dark haired male bite his bottom lip as he tore the connection between their clashing green and cerulean hues. Cas looked down, in attempt to hide the creeping blush upon his cheeks. Damn, Dean always knew when to made his heart pound rapidly out of his chest. Winchester snickered, it was moments like this where he never felt so proud of himself. Whenever he makes Castiel blush, smile or laugh, Dean would consider that a mini achievement.

Just as we cannot stop the tides from reaching the shore, the seasons and time cannot be slowed down either. For these two, their love story had started in Spring, bloomed in Summer, settled down by Autumn; now Winter is around the corner, the lovers begin to wonder if life could get any better than what they have.

Castiel coughed as he clenched his right hand over the material which clothed his stomach as he hunched over his desk. Damn the pain seemed to have gotten worse throughout the week. No matter what antibiotic or pain killer he took, it couldn't seem to numb the pain.

"Novak, are you alright over there?" His professor called out, causing the entire classroom of people to advert their attention to himself.

"I'm alright, Sir." Cas assured with a half-assed smile which caused the lecturer to shake his head.

"You don't look quite alright, Novak. You look as pale as a sheet. Go to the nurse's office."

Reluctantly, Cas nodded as he sat up properly to pack up his notebooks and pens into his bag and slowly made it down the stairs which lead down from his seat. After he had left the room, he had heard that the professor has resumed what they were blabbing on about before spotting his condition.

Never had he been to the nurse's office, so his head was swinging from the left and then to the right to find the name plate on the door which would say: 'Nurse's Office'. Obviously. Taking a few turns before he had actually found the door as he stood in front it for a few moments, raising a hand as he turned it in the air so that it was the back of his hand which would take the impact of gentle knocks.