Chapter 10:

The words "Castiel, I bring you sad news that you are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer" hit Dean more than the dark haired male, because they both knew that Cas was diagnosed with a disease which seemed to be rapidly taking a vast amount of peoples' lives than actual human beings taking one another's. The word 'cancer' was not new to both of them. Articles and news reports have been frequently updating the world of new various types of the disease and treatments - although there still hasn't been an official antidote that has been found yet. The only real medicine was either surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy or several amount of drugs with will power to live. After the doctor revealed the news, Dean brought Sarea (accompanied by Gabriel) to the hospital once telling her on the phone that he had to rush their younger brother the night before. Winchester felt that it was only right if it were Castiel to tell his own family about his situation.

Sarea's reaction was almost the same as Dean's. She sat there blankly before asking Cas to repeat him. Shaking her head in disproval, some sort of denial state. Shedding a few tears as she clung onto her little brother and told him to keep strong. Whilst the two had their moment, Gabriel brought Dean outside the room to have their own little conversation.

"Thank you for bringing him, I hope this wasn't troublesome?" Gabriel started, with Dean's silent response; a shaking of his head from right to left.

"Anything for Cas, isn't troublesome at all."

Although Gabriel was older than the other, Dean was taller than Gabriel which made it more awkward than it had to be. The elder male with longer hair placed a hand on Dean's right shoulder. "You love him, don't you?"

"Very much, Gabriel."

"Good." It was some sort of reassurance that Gabriel was doing, to make sure that Castiel was in the right hands. "You won't leave him, will you? Specially when he needs you the most."

"The thought never even crossed my mind."

Gabriel smirked, perking his interest in the boy slightly. "You'd make a great brother-in-law." Watching some sort of pink tinge creep onto Dean's cheeks. He gave Dean's shoulder a pat before withdrawing his hand back to his side. "Don't worry about the expenses. We've got you covered."

"But what about Zachariah?" Dean questioned as Gabriel sighed.

"Castiel has told you about him, hm? Don't worry about him, I'll promise that he won't cause you any trouble. You're a good kid, Dean. Now Sarea and me can stop worrying about him so much because we know he's with you."

That was the last thing Gabriel said before exiting their small chat and back into the room where he had to practically peel off his sister from the patient. "Lil bro, don't worry about school, I'll be the one who'll explain it to the principle and your professors." She said as Gabriel took ahold of her by the arm and pulled her because she had classes to go to. "We'll visit again!" Sarea exclaimed, from the doorway as Gabriel seemed to be dragging her out. Dean only chuckled at the commotion that the two cause - especially Sarea, man, she was like the sister he never wanted.

__________________________________

Once Cas has fully recovered from his high fever, the doctor from the night before had ran several tests once more before deeming him fit to undergo the operation, but had to wait for a scheduled operation date. Despite Castiel being 'fully recovered' from his fever, he now showed some symptoms of the disease. He was starting to feel nauseous, his palms and soles of his feet were itching and was turning a pale shade of yellow in his face but not (as yet) on the rest of his body. During the course of several days, the two became more friendly with their doctor, getting more familiar as they would be seeing him usually. The doctor's name was, Tran. Dr. Kevin Tran. They both felt blessed that this man ended up in their hands as he was a skilled individual who knew his stuff and genuinely cared about getting Novak back to full health.