Let us Live

Dev's pov
Nick and I were thrown off our feet, into a jewelry stand. It wasnt a stand you look down at, it was a tall..and glass one. My back hit the front of the stand, just when i heard Nick scream. I landed harshly, with my stomach making a connection with the ground.

Nick was on the ground to, wincing and gritting his teeth as the glass shards dug into his skin. He didn't get his back thrown into it, his side did, and his other side broke his fall..

I had tears creeping out of the corner of my eyes, as i saw the smoke linger within the building. My eyes started to burn as i kept pulling the glass out, Nick was doing the same. Once I got the glass out, I tried to stand, I managed to luckily.

Nick's pov
I got up just as the glass was out. My legs caved in and i met the ground once again. I felt a warm, gentle hand meet mine, then a harsh yank as i was lifted up off the ground and onto his back. I didn't mind it.

I could tell Devin was a nervous wreck. He was shaking and i could feel it on my arms as i wrapped them around his neck so i wouldn't fall. The building was going up in flames. I coughed and gagged on the dark smoke that filled the air. I hid my face in Devin's back.

Devin's pov
I held on to Nick tightly, as i was gagging on the smoke. This place could collapse at any moment. I panicked. As i ran around the mall to find an exit the ceiling caved in. I whipped around, making Nick fling off of me. I quickly ran with a tear falling out of my eye. Just as i was about 10 feet from Nick, the ceiling collapsed on me...

Nick's pov
D-DEVIN!...the tears were gushing now. I only had hope that he would still be alive...it would be a miracle if he was..