Escape

Devin's eyes opened as he looked around the room, seeing dim lights. He wasn't at the burning building anymore and the flashback ended. He looked over and saw Nick laying right beside him, holding his hand. Devin lightly blushed looking at the dark haired boy. Nick reached over with his other hand and ran his fingers through Devin's hair.

"W-where are we? How long have we been here?" Nick looked down at Devin who had a tear in his eye. He carefully wiped it away "were in the hospital, it's been a couple days since the accident" "That was no accident" Devin snapped.

Nick sighed "what makes you so sure of that?" He asked, squeezing Devin's hand. "We were the only people in there Nick, everyone was exited out of the building and then boom, the doors slam shut and a bomb goes off. They didn't warn us or anything. The bomb was meant to kill us." Devin said emotionally.

All of the sudden their doors were slammed open, with a person in the doorway, holding a gun, pointing it at the two defenseless boys.

Nick layed there in fear, holding Devin's hand tighter than ever. Devin looked down, scared to death. "Your right Devin. That bomb was meant to kill you two. I guess the message i sent to Nick didn't really make him get the message now did it?" He said harshly, walking over to Nick, putting the gun to his chest. This guy had pure hatred for the both of them. "Did it Nick?! Don't you listen to the haters?" and thats when Nick knew who this was.

Nick gulped and shook his head no. "Well then i guess i'll have to teach you what happens when people don't listen to me" he said, getting out a knife and putting it up to Nick's neck. "Don't!" Devin yelled, slapping the knife out of his hand.

"You probably shouldn't have done that Corwin" he said grabbing Devin by the neck. "I-i have a feeling this isn't a hospital." The boy grinned and shook his head no. Nick got up and shoved the boy down, catching Devin. "Your the hater that kept messaging me, Rick, right? You hate us so much that you would want to kill us?" Rick nodded in amusement. "You guys are both little queers who are dating, rumours started weeks ago." Devin and Nick both hated that word. "I'm not gay, and niether is Nick. Even if we were it wouldn't be a problem." Nick quickly grabbed the gun and pointed it at Rick. "Devin's right. Now if you don't mind. We are leaving. I suggest you get out of our way before you don't see tomorrow." Nick said coldly.

Rick quickly moved and stood up. Nick and Devin found the exit and rushed out. They went through dark tunnles until they found the outside. "Uhm Nick....this isn't our hometown." Nick turned to Devin and could only say "i know.."