we'll be the "kidnapped"

It's been 3 weeks since Devin and Nick were kidnapped and almost murdered. Devin was at home sleeping in his bed, however Nick was writing an essay for school the next morning. Everyone knew about the incident, but they haven't seen the boys since.

Nick moved in with Devin a few days ago, his mom and dad were okay with it. He just figured since Rick is still not found, still out there searching for the boys, that it would be safer if Nick was right beside him than and hour and a half away.

Devin woke up, rubbing his eyes. He winced, making a tiny sound that came out of his mouth. Nick turned around. "Devin are you okay?" He said looking at Devin and then to his leg. "It still hurts?" Devin nodded slightly, raising it up on a pillow. "Just a little bit though. Nothing major." Nick walked over to his bed and sat down at the edge.

Nick stroked the hairs that covered Devin's face, to the side, looking in his eyes. Devin smiled and mouthed thank you. "Your welcome Devin. Are you going to school tomorrow?" Devin shook his head in unsureness. "You won't be there so i-" Nick stopped him "Devin, i transferred schools..your mom didn't tell you?" Devin sat up "no, she didn't, i don't know where she is."

Nick held Devin's hand. "It will be okay, i can tell you're scared." Devin tilted his head, and looked at Nick. "They know..." Devin looked down and pulled his hand away to cover his face. "We're never gonna have a normal life...." Nick sighed "Devin, no matter what they think. It wont change anything. We'll get through this, i promise. It may be hard....it will be hard, b-but.."

Devin layed back down "goodnight Nick....." 'good night Devin..." Nick slowly got off Devin's bed and into his own. He looked at Devin, he couldn't take his eyes off him. Devin was right...and he couldn't deny it.