Darkness Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I was trying my best to get out that door, but Olivia and Arianne kept holding me back. I got away a few times and as soon as I touched the door, they jumped on me like fucking monkeys fighting over a banana. I couldn't let him stay out there alone with Nick, after all he wanted me to began with me. It needed to come to an end, the only way that would happen is if he gets me. I willing to risk my life for them, just like they were risking their lives for me. What was I going to do? what will I tell my parents once I see them? That is if I make it to see them.

The emotion building up inside me, the anger I possess is unreal. I know I can get rid of it, I know I can, but how? I looked at Arianne and Olivia, they looked back at me. Then there was a big BOOM coming from outside. We all jumped and I knew who that was outside. We all ran for the door and made our way outside. Just like suspected, Mike laying on the ground hurt. Taylor was in Nick's hands and he looked like he was hurting her.

"Why hell did you guys come!" Mike yelled at us restraining his self.

"Because, dumb ass, we didn't want you to get hurt." Arianne said sounding pissed off. "NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LOOK OUT!!" she yelled at him and he quickly got up as Nick went to strike him.

Nick frowned and then he looked right at me. I wanted to go get Taylor so bad, but I didn't have the power nor the strength to get her out of his arms. He kept looking at me and then he smirked and I felt like something was choking me. I touched my neck, but it was nothing there. My breath was shorting and my legs were going weak. 

"Skylar!" Mike yelled my name running towards me.

As soon he did Nick made his grip around my neck tighter and I fell to my knees.

"Make one more move and she will die." Nick looked at all of them and he made sure that none of them took a single step.

Mike stopped in his tracks and started breathing heavily. I vision started to get blurred and I knew if he wouldn't let me go in the next couple minutes I'd be dead. I saw my life flash before my eyes, that's usually what happens to people in movies before they die. I looked at him and my eyes were literally popping out of my head. "Why are you doing this to me? What did I do wrong?" I said to him. I  knew he wasn't going to stop, but it was worth a try.

"I'm doing this because of you." he started. "You left me for this no good bastard and you wonder why I'm doing this? I should kill you for your misbehavior, but I don't have the guts to kill some one as pretty as you." He finished and threw Taylor to the ground in front of me. The grip became tighter and I coughed something serious. "I will be back and when I do come back, Mike, you will die and that's a promise." He smiled and disappeared into the sky.

The grip around my neck was let loose and I fell to the ground coughing up blood. It was so disgusting, I felt weaker then I did before. Olivia, Arianne, and Mike ran to Taylor and I. Mike had so much anger in his eyes, but he also had sadness in his eyes. My vision was still blurry and I could barely hear what anyone was saying to me.

"Hang in there Skylar, please, hang in there." Mike said, but his voice was fading out.

All of there voices were fading away. I couldn't even say anything back. It would of been hard for me to anyway. I was struggling to breathe and then my eyes shut completely.

                         *                                               *                                                        *

After a while I woke up and found myself lying in my bed. My throat was killing me. It was sore and had red marks all over it. I started to get up and then I heard a voice say something.

"Lay back down." The deep strong voice said and I knew it was no one else but Mike.

I got back in bed, but I didn't lay down. "Why?" I asked him and gestured him to come near me.

He moved closer to me and touched my neck. I turned my head because the slightest touch made it hurt more. He noticed that and sighed. "This is all my fault." He started. "I let you get hurt." He said his voice was shaky and he had his face in his hands.

"It's not your fault Mike." I said trying to comfort him.

"YES IT IS! I shouldn't of been so weak. It's one thing getting myself hurt, but letting you get hurt is something I will never forgive myself for. I promised myself that I wouldn't let him touch you and I failed to accomplish that promise." He said. He was getting angrier with every word he said and I couldn't calm him down.

He sounded like me. I always blame myself for something that happens to the people I'm close to. That's why I live in the world of grey. There's no color in my life and I can see that he feels the same way.  To me he wasn't weak. Any boy that's willing to get their self hurt for me isn't weak at all. It was one mistake that he wouldn't get over. If I were him I wouldn't get over it either. I don't know what he's been through, I don't know anything about his past, but I know that he would never do anything to hurt me and that's all I ask for.

He laid back and sighed. "I didn't mean for all of this drama to come to you, if I would of talked to you before Nick did this wouldn't be happening."

"It isn't your fault really, stop blaming yourself. Some things happen for a reason." I said to him as calmly as possible.

"If you knew what I was you would understand. I'm going to be in serious trouble if they find out." He looked at me and out his hands in his pockets.

I raised my eye brow and moved closer to him. "If who finds out what?"

"If they people in charge of me find out I failed to protect you, I'm going to be here much longer." He said staring deep into my eyes. "I know they will find out because Nick is going to make up some sort of lie. I'm use it though. I've been on this world plenty of times and another time coming down here will be alright."

"You been here before?" I asked him confused.

He chuckled and touched my cheek. "Yeah I have, you wouldn't believe it. I don't want you thinking about that anyway. Because I'm here for you right now and I'm only here for you Skylar."

I smiled a little and he sat up. He rubbed my cheeks with his thumbs and Kissed me with so much passion. I kissed him back and grabbed on to his shirt tightly. I felt much better when his lips locked with mine. I wanted nothing more than this at this point. I was relieved of my anger and nothing but happiness filled my body. After I stopped the kiss, I curled up into his arms and felt myself going back to sleep.

He tapped my shoulder and looked down at me. "Skylar?" he called.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."