Chapter 21: Pack Therapist

Jack and I walked into the pack therapist's office together and I saw Jack's hand trembling.

"Good morning, Alpha, how can I help you?" The receptionist asked as I took Jack's hands into mine.

"We have an appointment with Cole for Jack Schemer-Kass." I told the receptionist. She typed something on her computer and nodded.

"Okay, you two can just sit down in the waiting room and Cole will be out soon."

Jack and I sat down on a gray couch in the waiting area. He gripped my hand in his.

"Hey, everything's going to be okay, alright?"

He nodded, giving me a small smile. "What do you know about Cole?"

I called the therapist's office last week and as their alpha, I asked for their best therapist and they told me about Cole. "Well, he's 27, he majored in psychology, and he's never had a slip-up before with any patients."

"So no one will know about my problems?" Jack whispered to me. There were other people in the pack around us, so he was trying to stay quiet.

"Yes, of course. You're going to be the alpha soon, so don't worry."

"Alphas?" A semi-attractive guy asked us as he before us. "I'm Cole."

We stood up. Cole shook my hand and Jack hid behind me. "Nice to meet you." I said.

"You too, so come on back and we'll see what's going on."

I took Jack's hand in mine again as we walked back to the offices in the back. Once we walked in, I looked around. There was a shelf covered in framed diplomas and drawings, probably from children he's counseled before.

There were notebooks on a little bookcase on the other side of the room. A box full of markers, crayons, and pencils were on top of the bookcase. There was a white couch with two red throw pillow on it. Across from that couch, there was a black couch with red throw pillows aswell.

Cole sat on the white couch and Jack and I sat on the black couch. Cole picked up a yellow notepad and a pen.

"What brings you two here?" Cole asked and I watched as Jack looked over at me.

I gripped his hand. "It's okay, he's not going to hurt you."

Jack looked up at Cole and sighed. "I-I got kidnapped awhile ago and ever since I've been back, I can't have anyone touch me, except for Matthew, and I can't be away from Matthew for too long."

Cole wrote something down. "Have you been depressed since you got back, Jack?"

Jack gripped my hand tighter. "Y-yeah."

"Alright, so before we start your first session, I have to go through legal stuff. Everything that is said to me during our sessions are confidential, except if it risks your life."

Jack and I nodded. "Will you keep files anywhere?"

"Because you two are the soon-to-be alphas, I will keep the files in a more secure location than the rest."

I nodded and looked at my mate. "Do you have any questions?"

Jack nodded and looked up at Cole. "Can Matthew stay in with me through all of it?"

"Yes, of course. I'll ask him questions if I feel the need too, but if at any time, you need to tell me something in private, you just say so, okay?" Cole asked.

Jack nodded and I spoke up. "I won't be offended if you need to talk to Cole alone, okay?"

Jack nodded to me. "Okay."