16: can we not

- Justin -

I breathed out, telling Luke for the one hundreth time, I was perfectly okay.

But that dream.. Why did I even dream of that?

It was probably to warn me to be more careful.. I don't know.

Luke went back to sleep, me hopping out of the bunk, careful not to wake the others.

Hey.. Where's the other fourth..

Where's Ashton?

I furrowed my eyebrows, making my way towards the front of the bus.

As I slid open, I found Ashton asleep in the kitchen with his head on the table.

I sighed, tapping him on the shoulder.

That didn't wake him up, so I shook him a bit as he groaned.

"Why didn't you go to your bunk last night?" I chuckled, my smile fading once he made eye contact with me.

He looked like a complete mess. He looked paler than ever, and his eyes were bloodshot and puffy.

"Ashton, what happened?" I asked quietly, not having to use that ridiculous guy voice on him anymore.

"I.. Jennie." He whispered shakily, looking away.

Ashton started to cry, me anxiously looking at him.

"What about her?"

"Sh-she.. Last night." He breathed out shakily.

"She b-broke up with m-me."

My eyes softened, lips parting in shock. "What? I thought things were fine?"

"I thought so too." He cried, me motioning for him to scoot over so I could sit next to him.

"Again, she feels lost. Just give her sometime to think it all through. If she really loves you, she'll come back to you. Again, both of you will find a way back."

"Where do you get all these words from?" He sighed, looking at me miserably.

"Nicholas Sparks.. Chick flicks.. Fanfictions." I start listing them all off as he laughed.

"You read fanfiction? I can't believe that."

Yay, I made him happy again.

"One Direction fanfics. Larry smut is the best.'' I nodded, jokingly. "Just don't tell my brother that I read smut of him and Louis."

He smirked, me smiling.

"I should wake up Michael and Cal..Or else they'll never get up." Ashton yawned.

"So you're okay?"

He nods slightly. "I actually believe she'll come back. Thanks." He pats me on the back.

I smiled in answer. "I bet you Michael and Calum are hungover."

"We'll see." He tells me before making his way towards the back.

I need breakfast.

Walking towards the kitchen, I opened the fridge, my eyes scanning through.

"Bacon." I whispered, grinning.

Why was I so excited for bacon? Probably because it was THE BEST THING EVER

Tugging out the pack, I walked over to the stove and set a pan over it.

Waiting for the stove to heat up, I set a couple strips of bacon on the pan.

The sizzling made me even hungrier as I waited patiently, leaning on the counter.