Six ⋆ Part 2

The carriage shook with every slight bump on the road. My head bobbed against the window, slightly smacking it when a bump was too large. I open my eyes. Confusion and anxiety set in to my bones as I scanned around the small space.

"Good. You're awake," King Thaddeus states.

My frantic eyes land on him only to notice he was staring at me.

I glance away from him. I was sick to my stomach. The ever so swaying movement made me swallow hard, avoiding letting the wine come back up. I knew I was still drunk, but now it was no longer fun.

The caramel curtains were tied back so I could look out, but I didn't bother. My eyes were closed tightly to focus on feeling better, but it didn't help as everything seemed to spin.

"Take this," King Thaddeus demands.

I open my eyes. Bread was held out to me in his hand.

"No." I groan as I shut my eyes again. Food just sounded like a bad idea.

Before I realized, King Thaddeus grabbed my wrist and pulled me beside him. I tried to lean forward as I gagged at the sudden movement of my body, but King Thaddeus pulled me back firmly and took the opportunity to shove his finger into the side of my mouth.

Keeping my mouth open, he forces a piece of the bread he broke off into my mouth. He then removes his finger and closed my mouth. I open my eyes to scowl at him.

"Chew and swallow," He commands.

I hold it in my mouth, glaring into his crystalline orbs.

"It will sober you up," he admits.

I was appalled by his forcefulness, but I did as told. Once I swallowed the dryness he released me and leaned back in his seat.

I move back to my seating across from him. This time I actually look out the window. I noticed the mountainous range in which his Castle resides was no longer in sight.

"How long have I been out?"

"About three hours. You were drunk for the other two hours," King Thaddeus replied.

I nod slightly. Five hours meant the sun was going to set soon. A whole day was wasted.

I find myself reaching for the bread next to King Thaddeus, but as I leaned forward I figured out my balance was not what it usually is. I almost fall out of my seat, but King Thaddeus catches my shoulders and steadies me as I sit back down.

He hands me the bread again and I immediately start breaking pieces off. As I ate I examined King Thaddeus. I didn't care that he was staring back at me, although it did make me feel weary.

"Why are we going to Daelum?" I ask.

"Business," He responds.

"Why are you bringing me with you to Daelum?" I ask between bites.

King Thaddeus tilts his head slightly before sighing, "I should have known you were going to ask that." He refers to my keenness of asking him questions.