Chapter 13

Ever since she died.

What did I ever do to deserve this? Bullshit , Francine. If you hadn't left me in this rotten world I wouldn't be so miserable right now.

I'm so mad at Levi. 4 years of being together and this is what happens? All goes back to his ex-girlfriend? Naki was muttering words in an "innocent" voice , which pissed me off even more.

You loved me more than how you loved (Y/n) , Levi. I know you want me back.

Like what the flip?! I kicked a can in instict , then I realized what I just did. Levi heard me.

"She's here. I know it!"

"Levi , she isn't here!" I heard Eren explain.

"LEVI! NO NO DON'T GO THERE!" Eren said. Ah. What an idiot.

"Jaeger! Are you hiding her from me?!"

"Levi! She isn't there!" Mikasa said , furious.

I quickly hid behind this platform which was wide and tall. I suppose it's a chimney , or probably a storage room. I heard a ruckus , someone coming up the ladder.

" (Y/n)? (Y/n) are you here? If you are , please , it's not what you think." Levi said.

I've never heard Levi this pleading before. He's completely gone out of character. I stayed quiet , still clenching my fists,
I heard footsteps behind me. I looked away , as he came closer to me. I didn't want to see his face.

"(Y/n)! Oh fck. Please , just let me explain." He panted.

I stood up automatically , near the edge. I glanced down , ughrhrh , I could feel the shiver that ran down my spine. I was terrified of heights. I looked at Levi. He was crying , and his eyes were widening. What kind of fcking building is this?!

"(Y/n), move closer to me-"

He says , moving forward a little bit. I quickly moved backwards , at his sudden movement. I was only an inch , near the edge. No railings , no bricks or something to hold on , just a plain flat surface. My heart was beating fast. Levi moved in a little closer in attempt to hold onto my hand , I didn't want to touch him , i lost my balance accidentally an--

Shit.

"(Y/n)!"

I screamed. I was falling to my death. I looked down , seeing people below me , cars ,the ground. I was scared. I quickly grabbed hold on something. It was the window edge. No one was there in the window , and it wasn't too far from the edge. Levi was above me , panicking. People below me were panicking as well. I didn't know what i was going to do. I was holding on to my life. I gripped the edge with both hands, feeling the scratch i just got sting.

What was I gonna do?

Isn't this what I wanted? To die , and go reunite with Francine , Mom and Dad?

I hold on to the window harder , seeing my hands slipping away. Levi was reaching his hand above me.

"(Y/n) - Hold on to my hand!"

Should I do it?

I had no choice. I slowly let go of one hand and reached for his Levi's hand and he pulled me upwards , and gave me a tight hug. I was breathing heavily , i was sweating , and i can feel my face burning.

"God , don't scare me like that.. you fcking idiot.. I thought .. I was gonna lose you..."

Levi said , crying onto my shoulder. There was still fury inside me , so I didn't give back the gesture. Though my eyes were swelling , and I tried so hard to fight back and not cry. But my throat was burning and my vision was getting blurry , so I had no choice but to let the hot tears come out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry - I'm so sorry , I'm sorry , I'm sorry - I'll quit the job - it's just that Dad forced me - it was for the business - I swear - I'm so sorry - I almost lost you , damn it -" Levi kept sobbing , and I almost felt bad for him.

I looked at him with a motionless expression. I almost died. What do you expect me to say? My breathing was still heavy , and my mind was spinning to process what just happened. Levi hugged me tighter because I didn't give him any response. I stood up and went down , tired and I wanted to go home.

Mikasa and Eren didn't know I almost died tonight , so they just kinda gave us out space and greeted us goodbye. Levi followed silently behind me , his eyes weary. Levi drove us to our apartment , and we sat in silence the whole time. Once we got home , I sat on the couch , clutching the pillow. I felt as if my soul has been sucked out - all my happiness gone.

I almost lost my life. I almost lost my love. I almost lost my will to live. But , what I lost tonight - was my trust. (Oh holy shit so cheesy hah)

Levi closed the door and sat on the couch across me.

"Please talk to me." He whispered , his head narrowed.

"So. Naki , huh?" I finally spoke up. My voice was stern , and I didn't dare look at his direction. He gleamed when I spoke but died back down when he realized what I just said.

"I told you - My dad - he's business partners with Naki's parents. And if we didn't do anything Naki's parents requested , our company would fall. And I told him hundreds of times to get that slut out of my sight. But it was no use. I stayed in the job because I needed to earn money for the both of us." Levi said these words in a soft tone. He was telling the truth. There , I heard it. So what? That doesn't prevent anything from happening. Naki is a dangerous woman. She can get whatever she wants , by force , in disguise.

"Anything could happen between the both of you. Anything." I said , anger hidden in my voice. I tried to say this in the calmest voice.

"You don't trust me? Is that it?" Levi said.

"I don't know - Levi there's many possibilities - she could get someone to make you drunk or some sht- "

"-You know very well I wouldn't be stupid enough to do that." He cut me off in his normal voice.

"You wouldn't know that." I said in a low tone.

"And why would you?!" He shouted.

"- I don't know Levi! Anything can happen! No one knows what , when , or how it will happen! But it can happen!" I fought back. He went silent for a while. "I'm going to sleep." I said , standing up.

I lay on the bed , and I couldn't help but think.

I could've died tonight.

It would have all ended.

That was my chance.

Why did I hold on?