Chapter 43

reluctantly, she grabbed richie's holding hand.

"i don't believe you're stupid for going that way. i do it all the time, i think of it as a sort of exercise , hahaha." richie gleamed.

"thanks...richie." she said. richie turned her away from her, and (y/n) thought of it as richie being quite mean. little did she know it was to hide her face so she wouldn't see her blushing.

"s-so what's your relationship w-with that guy?" richie fumbled.

"levi? oh.. uh , he's my boyfriend." (y/n) answered discreetly , wondering why she would even ask. richie looked surprised, and yet so upset.

"o-oh. you guys make such an adorable couple.." she rubbed the back of her neck sadly.

"...are you okay?" (y/n) knew she souldn't jump into conclusions. after all levi was a charming man to gaze at, she thought.

"no..i mean yes! i just.. i .."

"you what?"

"i just thought you were really pretty..and i don't know much about you.. but your voice is so soft..and i can just imagine how beautiful your mind is and i was wondering if you were single... oh my god.. oH MY GOD i am so sorry for rambling this to you, i just got so out off hand i—"

"it's okay , richie. slow down.." (y/n) chuckled slightly but then smiled really wide. "the whole day.. my mind was clouded with thoughts that i was never good enough because i just had this thought of putting you and my boyfriend together, and myself out the picture.. i never thought the one you'd be so interested in was me."

"i never really liked dudes.. i've been attracted to girls for as long as i can remember , but yeah , i just thought you were.. you were gorgeous. you had this kind of aura. and i told myself that whenever i felt that way about someone.. i should tell them they were beautiful..it didn't have to be romantically. it helped a lot of people build up their self confidence. sorry if it kinda weirds you out."

"...no, it doesn't. that's actually pretty neat. you're a pretty cool person, richie. thanks for that."

"always happy to see someone smile." richie gave her a warm grin and offered to teach her how to properly slide down the slope while standing on the board. levi went off to go get (y/n) a drink.

and although she felt content at the moment, the thought of timothy mourning for her mother lingered in her mind.

she couldn't just forget about that.