Chapter 40

another day, another adventure?

no. not today. (y/n) and levi had gone back to their rooms at 4 am, finally feeling exhausted. that was when they collapsed on their bed, and cradled each other as they slept. levi made sure to hold (y/n) very tight, so that she fell into her slumber soundly.

they woke up around one o'clock, so they missed both breakfast and lunch. it was only their third day, and they weren't doing so well in their jobs. they were debating wether they should continue doing whatever hanji says or take the day off.

"we need to go and eat." levi stated as he began putting on his shoes. (y/n) nodded, and began fixing herself up.

"i don't really feel like seeing hanji though. can we just go eat at the mcdonalds across the hotel?" she asked, her voice still groggy as she put her hair up in a ponytail.

"she'll come across us either way."

"you have a point." she sighed.

they went to the ground floor, with levi wearing a black face mask over his face. they casually made their way to the exit, briskwalking and made sure to look at the corners of their eyes on each side. when they reached the door, a high pitched voice rang in their ears. (y/n) flinched , and levi had irk marks appearing on his forehead , making him grow older by the second.

"LOVEGNOMES!!!" four eyes shouted, in her own hotel. they slowly turned their heads to the young brunnette. fortunately, she was wearing her casual clothes.

"it's about time you shorties woke up!! where are you guys going? i know what happened yesterday, i read it from feliciano's report. well— today i was thinking of spending the day with you guys , BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" she exclaimed , putting her hands over both of their shoulders. levi clicked his tongue.

"uh— aha— we were going go eat some mcdonalds—"

"amazing!! i'll pay for it!! come on loves , let's go spend the day together!" hanji pulled both of them out the hotel , full of spirit. levi's eyebrows were twitching every few minutes. on the other hand , (y/n) was patiently listening to hanji's every word.

they got in mcdonalds , and finished ordering. hanji kept chattering until they found a table. it was interesting seeing her keep such a positive vibe, and (y/n) was thankful for that.

"hange? can i ask you a question?" (y/n) spoke. hanji's eyes lit up , and nodded. "considering you graduated only a few years ago... how were you able to afford to build yourself a five star hotel?"

hanji started laughing furiously, and levi did nothing but sigh.

"honey, i never graduated college! just a few months after my highschool graduation , drum roll please... I WON THE LOTTERY !!" she clapped at herself, smiling widely. (y/n) coughed on her juice, widening her eyes from the shock. levi looked so uninterested in this conversation , he only looked away.

"what?! you never graduated college?!" she gaped.

"never did! look at me now! HAHAHAHAH!"

"so... handling a five star hotel must be a tough job. how do you manage it?" (y/n) wondered, looking intently at hange's eyes.

"i don't. i make mike do all my work! but the designs, the system, those are all my ideas! mike just makes sure to keep them in place." hanji explained , putting her hands to her cheeks ever so lovingly.

"that's adorable, really hahaha."

"i'm guessing you guys are finished eating! let's go shopping today, (y/n)! i don't know about you levi, you can tag along if you want!"