Chapter 2

Walking through the front gate of the place where Madison lived she took one strap of my bag off her left shoulder so Madison could easily turn her bag around and grab the key out of her front pocket. Madison pushed the gate closed with her foot forcefully Madi's fingers finally grabbing hold of the key, and walking towards the front door.

Madison pushed her key into the lock, crossing her fingers that Madi's 'parents' weren't home, they never usually were when she returned home from school on a Monday, but she never knew for sure. When the door opened to a quiet and empty house Maddison let out a sigh of relief and quickly navigated herself up the stairs and to her bedroom.

Madison dropped her schoolbag by the door of her bedroom with a thud and quickly took of her uncomfortable school shirt and changed into a black tank top with some intricate ying and yang symbol on it, also slipping on a pair of high wasted blue denim shorts.

She slipped her phone into her back pocket and her key into one of her front pockets. She walked out into the hallway and practically flew down the stairs and into the kitchen to write a note saying that she was going out with friends and she would be home around 4 to do her homework and also in time for dinner.

Maddison checked the time and noticed that it was nearly 3pm which means she had to leave because her 'mum' and her brother would be home any minute after 3 o'clock and god knows that Madison didn't want to stick around and possibly have to have a conversation with her parents about who knows what. So Madison grabbed a muesli bar out of the kitchen and walked out of the house grabbing her skateboard and skating off in the direction of the park.

Madison had her headphones in, music blasting. She had been skating for about 5 minutes and was about a street away from the park and just as she was about to cross the street a bike came out from behind a bush that was shielding the corner, making Madison not be able to see what was on the other side of the corner, it came out fast and Madison only just missed it, she had to jump back which resulted in her falling flat on her ass and her skateboard shooting out in front of her, the figure on the bike swerved and skidded to a stop.

Madison stood up and brushed her shorts off, looking down making sure she wasn't hurt, her hair fell into her face when she looked down, covering her face. She wasn't hurt, well not physically only her pride. She looked up and was even more shocked to see that Daniel was standing there, staring at her. Madison thought she saw concern or worry in his eyes but it was gone as quick as it came and replaced with a smirk.

Madison glared at Daniel, "Thanks for that," sarcasm was laced into her voice and she gestured with her hands to what had happened.

"You're very welcome, princess." Daniel smirk got bigger as he spoke, and it was obvious that he was now checking her out, as she was no longer in her ugly school uniform, Madison felt a her cheeks get hotter a slight blush appearing.

Madison walked across the road and bent down to pick up her skateboard, as she bent down Daniel spoke, "are you ok though, your bleeding."

Madison looked down again and noticed this was indeed true, a medium cut just above her ankle was bleeding, maybe going into her converse and staining her sock if she didn't wash it off soon. "Well I wonder who's fault that is, hmm? And don't call me princess."

Daniel ignored her sarcastic remark "so this is why you blew off your friends? So you could skate around the streets."

"Not exactly and although this conversation is lovely, I really have to get going."