Chapter 8

Friday had finally come along and Madison was so grateful. It had been a long week and she as counting down the minutes until the last bell of the day rang. It'd been a strange week and Madison had avoided Daniel for as much as she could, though he was making a whole lot easier because it seemed that he was also avoiding her. He hadn't spoken to her since he was at her house last weekend and she wasn't sure if she had done something or if it was completely random.

For the days after his confession in the spa she had analysed it over and over again in her head, trying to remember if it actually happened. She'd asked her friends and Madeline if they had any idea if it was true but none of them knew, Madeline had said that she pulled her away before she kissed him but didn't know if she had kissed him beforehand and the fact that Madison didn't know whether or not it was true was really annoying her.

Madison started packing away her books after finishing her work and looked across the English classroom at first she wasn't looking at anything in particular but then her eyes landed on Daniel as he ruffled his dark hair. A second later his dark eyes met Madison blue ones, she only remained eye contact with him for a minute before she pulled her eyes away from him and back onto Delilah and Sophia that we engrossed in a conversation, Madison was about to make some input when she looked at Ruby sitting behind her texting someone.

"Who ya texting Rubes?" Madison asked turning around in her seat a cheery tone in her voice.

Ruby looked up, giving a slightly sad smile and Madison was confused, "I'm talking to Felicite, were going to a party tonight."

"Oh, right have fun then." Madison and Felicite had a fight around a month ago and hadn't spoken since. The rest of their friends didn't really take sides as they were all really close and Madison thought that they would all be friends again and that the 'fight' would only last for a day. Felicite cut off all contact with Madison and she hadn't really thought about the other girls friendships because Felicity had also cut off contact with Delilah and Sophia so Madison assumed that happened with Ruby. Apparently not. She didn't know why but she felt slightly hurt by it.

"I'm sorry." Ruby apologises.

Madison smiled, "Ruby it's fine, I don't control who your friends with so you don't need to be sorry. I really do hope you have fun tonight though," and she did mean it.

The bell rang and everyone- Madison included headed towards the door. She was so happy that today she didn't have to walk home or have to even go home for that fact. 

Walking down towards the school car park Madison's eyes scanned through the car park looking for a certain car. Her eyes landed on the familiar white car and also the person standing against it and she hurriedly made her ways towards it with a smile on her face.

When she reached the car she threw her arms around Scott who also hugged her back. "Hey Scott, thanks for picking me up."

"No problem, Mads." Scott smiled at her.

After they released their hug they went to each side of Scott's car and hopped in. As they were driving off Madison's eye caught someone else's standing by their own car looking at Madison, it was Daniel and as she passed she was confused by the look that passed over his face- surely Madison interpreted it wrong. Surely that wasn't a look of hurt. Madison pushed the thought away and concentrated on the conversation with Scott and her excitement for the weekend to come.

After a 15 minute car ride Scott pulled up out the front of a house, he put the car in park and they both got out of the car. Madison took her school bag with her and as they approached the house the front door swung open and out came Madeline with a grin on her face. She soon tackled her sister into a hug and they stood on the porch for a moment hugging.