Chapter 12

"Katherine?" Jack whispered, "Katherine!"

He dove underwater, the salt stinging his eyes edits he popped back up, gasping for air as he flicked his hair out of his eyes.

"Katherine!"

He dove under again and flailed his arms trying desperately to feel her somewhere.

He swore he'd seen some figure when he last opened his eyes but the stinging was so bad.

Katherine thrashed about, being tossed and tumbled under each wave. The surfboard was weighing her down, she had to get the strap off. Katherine grabbed her ankle and yanked at the strap. It took a while but finally released.

Suddenly Katherine's surfboard popped up from under the water.

Jack swam towards the surfboard and grabbed hold of it to keep afloat. He looked around and towards the water trying to look for her. Suddenly he saw a figure under the water.

Jack held his breath and dove underwater.

Katherine still kicked about, she was running out of air and her lungs burnt worse than a fire.

Her vision blurred harder and suddenly she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist. Then the world faded out.

***

"Cmon Katherine!" Jack cried laying her on the sand and sitting next to her on his knees, "Wake up wake up!" He said shaking her shoulder.

He put a hand to her wrist to feel a weak pulse and quickly leaned his head against her chest. She was still alive Thank God.

"Don't. You. Die. On. Me." He whispered pulling her close against him.

Jack felt her pulse weaken and laid her back down.

Okay, mouth to mouth, breathe, pressure pressure pressure. (No I don't think that's right but go with it)

Jack thanked his lucky stars for the CPR classes his father made him take back in high school.

He continued doing it whispering inbetween.

"Don't you die on me Katherine Kelly." He whispered as a tear fell from his face to hers.

"I love you Katherine." He sobbed finally, "And I mean it."

Katherine began coughing and suddenly shot up and leaned to the opposite side and coughed up salt water. She sat back and breathed heavily.

She's alive.

Jack grabbed Katherine and pulled her into a huge hug, pulling her into his lap and stroking her soaking wet hair softly.

"You're okay. You're alright. I'm here." Jack whispered calmingly in her ear to her shaking body.

"I love you." Katherine whispered, crying, "Thank you."

Jack's ears began ringing. Did she just say?

Jack hugged her close against his chest and grabbed his dry t-shirt and helped put it overtop on her.

"I love you too." He mumbled picking her up bridal style to carry her the short way back to the room.

Both Jack and Katherine breathed heavily in and out. What had just happened?

Jack never wanted to loose Katherine. Never. He'd rather die than loose her.

He loves her.

Love. Not that bad after all.

***

Sorry that one was so short ahhhhhh :(