Chapter 20

Jack and Katherine arrived at the palace shortly to see a very concerned Medda standing at the door.

"Good heavens!" She all but shouted, "Are you okay Katherine?"

Katherine just nodded, going through the doors.

"I'm fine too!" Jack whispered.

Medda heard and whipped around to face him, putting a finger to her lips.

The three went to the parlor and sat in front of the ongoing fireplace.

Medda draped a blanket over Katherine's shoulders and gave her a steaming cup of tea.

"What happened?" She asked.

"T-This is all too much." Katherine said, looking down at the floor, "Being queen."

"Honey," Medda said softly, "I know how it feels."

"You do?" Katherine asked, looking up.

"A queen is a hard job.  You have to be prim, proper, and respectable all while running a country."

Katherine nodded.

"But if I can do it, anyone can." Medda smiled.

Katherine looked down at her cup of tea, the steam brushing along her face ever so lightly.

"I'm going to go shower." She whispered, getting up from the couch and setting the teacup down.

"Okay dear, holler if you need anything."

Katherine nodded, "Thanks Me- I mean Mom." She smiled softly.

"Anytime dear." Medda replied smiling.

Katherine made her way upstairs and opened the door, sighing.

She was terrified.  What would happen in these lessons? What if she made a mistake?

Not soon after the door opened again and Jack came in.

"Come here." He said quickly hugging her.

Katherine hugged back tightly and kept the tears from coming out. She sniffed lightly and Jack faced her chin to his face.

Katherine looked downward, avoiding his gaze.

"I know it's hard." He said, "Hell, being a king is hard too. But we'll get through all of this together."

Katherine nodded.

"For sure?" She asked.

"For sure." Jack replied, smiling.

Katherine went to the bathroom and undressed and went and stepped into the shower.

She turned on the water and let it wash it all away. She scrubbed away everything. Being queen. Responsibilities. Her mother. All of it.

Once she was done rinsing she stepped out and put a towel around her, hugging the cotton tightly to her skin and sighing before un-fogging the mirror.

She checked on the bruises her mother had left in a recent visit and luckily they were barely there any longer.

How much longer could she take though?

Katherine went to her closet and picked out a small cardigan, a skirt, and jeans underneath to keep her warm.

She went and sat on the couch and turned on the television to watch some Judge Judy while it was the only thing on.

"Guilty." She muttered as she laid against the couch cushion.

Jack came out and took a look at her sadly. He came and sat next to her and rest her against his chest softly.

"Hey." He suddenly smirked, "You wanna go relive some stress? I have the perfect way." He winked.

"Oh God yes." Katherine whispered before kissing him softly.

Her kisses trailed down to his jawline and neck and Jack laughed as her lips tickled his collarbone.

"What?" She asked.

"I'm a little ticklish." He mumbled.

"Oh like this?" Katherine asked running her fingers all over him.

"Yes!" Jack laughed before going and tickling her back.

Katherine laughed, letting go of him as Jack straddled around her waist and continued tickling her everywhere.

Suddenly they stopped and stared at eachother for a minute.

"Let's take this to the bedroom." Katherine whispered.

Jack smiled, "Gladly."

He stood up and picked Katherine up bridal-style, her little feet hanging over his arm.

She trailed kisses along his jawline and neck as he went to the bedroom and he shivered at her touch.

He placed her on the bed and began to remove her skirt and shirt and fumbled with the buttons on her jeans before taking them off, them thrown around the room.

"Wow." He breathed.

"What?" Asked Katherine, turning a deep pink on her cheeks.

"You're beautiful." Jack whispered before leaning over and kissing her before she could reply.

Katherine took his face in her hands and ran her fingers through his hair gently as he kissed down her collarbone, beginning a small hickey in which she happily breathed out his name.

"Hmm?" He asked.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more." Jack smiled, pressing their foreheads and noses together.

"I love you most." Katherine mumbled before he kissed her passionately again.

***

Davey had been walking through the halls with Clara when they passed the room and could definitely hear some noises. Including but not limited to, moaning, breathing, and sheets being moved.

"Oh gosh." Davey practically yelled.

"Yup, there they go again." Clara smirked.

"You know we could always try it sometime." Davey smirked.

"I like this new side of you." Clara laughed, "But don't you usually have to ask a person out before you have sex?"

"Oh shit." Davey mumbled under his breath before they continued walking, Davey pink in the face just as much as Clara was but smiling nonetheless.

One day he'll ask her.

***

Jack and Katherine laid on the bed, him over her and their foreheads touching, breathing rapidly.

"I love you." She whispered.

"For sure?" Jack asked.

"For sure."