Still Saturday

Saturday, 7th September, Living Room, 10:30pm

Actually, I just talked to Hazel and she told me that we had an English assignment due on Monday and I haven't even started yet! Why Hazel!? Why?! Why didn't you tell me earlier. I don't even know why I'm writing this right now. I should really start my assignment if I don't want to get an F.

I'm sick of all the teachers comparing my to my older brother, Alan. Alan, apparently was a really good student so all my teachers were like: "Dakota, you should really be more like your brother!" or "Geez, Dakota, you can really learn something from Alan!" WHY CAN'T THEY JUST ACCEPT THE FACT THAT I'M DIFFERENT TO THEIR FAVOURITE STUDENT!!!???? Alan, I really hate you.

You know what? Who cares if I'm going to get an F? Mum would. I mean, she's a journalist and she definitely wouldn't want her daughter getting a F in writing! But Mum's never really home anyway so by the time she found out, the paper would already be in a landfill somewhere.

My Mum's always away writing the latest news in her office and is rarely able to take a holiday so I stay home by myself. But you know what? Alan coming home tomorrow from college. Once a term, Alan comes back home for a brief holiday and then goes to his freaking school again.

I don't care much about school. You know what school actually means? S.C.H.O.O.L= Seven Crap Hours Of Our Lives. Seriously. School is the acronym for 'Seven Crap Hours Of Our Lives'. When think about it, it's really sad, wasting about hours of our lives learning about things that wouldn't even help us in the future. I mean, I don't need to know what 7x the square root of 17+ 34 to the power of 3 equals to be able to survive what the teachers call 'The Cruel Real World'. Teachers are such drama queens (and kings). What's cruel is that they give us so much homework and also give us about five tests on the same freaking day!

Everyday, the teachers go to their stupid meetings in the staff room. I can imagine what they are talking about. Coming up with plans to try to kill us all.

Miss Johnson (science teacher): Hey, Katie, when's your next test? Let's have it on the same day! That'll totally throw the students off!

Mrs Wilson (Maths): Great idea! I think I'm having a test on Wednesday.

Miss Johnson: Perfect! That'll ruin they're day for sure! I'll put a test on Wednesday too, huh?

Mrs Wilson: You know what? Penny, I'll give the students extra homework that we haven't even covered in class yet! Talk about ruining they're day!

Miss Johnson: Katie, you're a genius!

(Back to reality)

See what I mean? Teachers are cruel! They only care about themselves! Why else would they be allowed to where whatever they want and the students have to wear ugly, crappy uniforms!? God damn the teachers!

So basically, three tests a day and they teachers are being nice to us. The usual amount is like, what, five or six? Sometimes even seven, if they are having a bad day.

Ugh, the English assignment is really getting on nerves.