FOUR

FOUR | OFFICE HOURS
☾ BAD INTENTIONS | NIYKEE HEATON ☽

───

         When Mercy Graves had mentioned that someone was here to see him, Lex grew utterly confused; unsure of who exactly would show up unannounced to see him of all people. Noting the fact that it wasn't a business or economic affair had perplexed him further, considering the fact that he didn't exactly have any close friends that would bother paying him a visit.

         But when she described the girl's appearance and the annoyed expression on her face, flashes from the night at the gala filled his mind while an 'oh shit' feeling also filled him, upon remembering the fact that he never called her. It wasn't that he was disinterested, it was simply the mere fact that he had been too caught up in getting his hands on Zod's corpse and the phone call had simply slipped his mind.

His slender fingers gripped onto the smooth lapels of his white suit jacket, pulling it closer to him and shielding the red and black button up under it while he flashed his most charming smile. He spotted her seated on a leather couch in the reception room, one leg over the other and her eyes intensely glued to the news channel on the television hung up on the plain white wall; the story of the man spray painting FALSE GOD on Superman's statue.

         "Interesting, isn't it?" Lex drew her fixed attention from the news report, her gaze now falling on his standing figure but the grave expression still stitched to her facial features from the videos.

         "More like how fucking disrespectful." Isabella bitterly spat, leaving the couch and heading over to him, taking one last glance at the device before stopping in front of Lex. He was taken aback by the sudden differences in opinion, half-expecting her to take his lead towards the disgust in the God but now he realized that wasn't the case with her.

         With Superman being the main cause of destruction in his beloved city, Lex couldn't grasp the idea of how people could idolize him. He couldn't bear to understand how people would actually look up at him for protection when he's been the main determinant in many deaths and injuries of their loved ones.

         Standing his ground, he shot her a distraught look and gently gripped onto her arms, forgetting his juvenile mistake of not calling her. "You're not really defending that monster, are you?" Lex cautiously demanded, the space between their faces small and the tension in the air high.

"Monster?" Isabella scoffed, eyebrows raised in an amused manner when she stared up at the man she came for. "Please don't tell me you're serious, Lex." She tensed under his hold, her fresh attraction towards him becoming less secure as he started unknowingly showcasing splats of his true colors to her.

         When he took note of that, he forced himself to calm down his temper and passionate dislike towards the being; unsure if he was ready to show her that part of him so soon. He hadn't even taken her to dinner and it seemed as if she was already losing interest, making him immensely panic on the inside. Loosing his hold on her, he brought a hand up to the side of her face, lovingly stroking her cheek with the of his thumb; an action that was foreign to him but he recalled men doing in movies to comfort a woman.

         "Oh, Isabella." Lex observed her frustration falter when she became bewildered at his sudden change in character, a sigh of relief mentally escaping him. "That small yet interesting dispute between us made me forget to ask you what brought you here?" The mention of her purpose here sparked interest in her once again, her red lips hesitantly twitching into a tiny grin.

"You never called." He looked over her, taking in the captivating details of her face once again as he watched her calmly speak. "If someone's toying with me, I'd love to have a reason why."

         "Toying with you?" Lex repeated, making sure to add large amounts of disbelief into his voice for extra effect. "No, no, no. You have it all wrong, Isabella. I was just too caught up in business affairs and couldn't find the right time to plan out a date for us. The best deserves the best." He sweet talked her, earning a genuine happy expression from her when she took his words in.

         Finally giving in to his act, first of many, she cooperated and brought her own hands up to his chest, her long acrylic nails slightly scratching against the cloth of his shirt when she did so not that Lex actually minded.

"And are you still busy with those affairs for today?" Isabella asked the mad man, hoping for a clear yes from him so she could have a thrilling excuse to get out of her lonesome apartment.

Pretending as if he had to think it through, he looked up at the ceiling with a thoughtful face. "Nope!" Lex proclaimed, letting go of her and leading her out of the building, ready to take her out. "Are you ready?"

───

in case you're wondering, ive incorporated pieces from smallvile's lex luthor into mine. 🤗💕 also I've been getting some mad Jessica Jones feelings for some odd reason?? 🙂 I might rewatch it soon.