That Summer

It was July 17th when I first met him. I was walking from the store and it was pouring down. I lived about a mile away so it was kinda difficult. I was about half of the way home when I heard the crashing of footsteps on the wet black obsidion. I turned around I saw a boy running and I think he was trying to catch up to me. When he caught up to me he said " let me help you with those" I said thanks and asked what his name was. He told me that his name was Chris and that he was sixteen. I told him I was also sixteen and that my name is James.
He walked me home while helping out with my groceries. He gave me his contact info if I ever wanted to hang out. The next morning I gave him a call and asked if he wanted to hang out at the coffee shop then go to the museum. He said "sure, just let me get ready" I said that I had to get ready too and asked if we could meet up at 2:00. He said that was fine so I hopped in the shower. In the shower I washed my short, brown hair, with shampoo about the same size as a dime. Then I washed my body, and when I got out I grabbed my towel from the rack and went and picked out some clothes. I grabbed a blue tank top and some black basketball shorts out of my drawer.
I got my bike out of the garage and started peddling to the square where the coffee shop was. It took about fifteen minutes to get there, when I called Chris he said he was almost there. I waited about four to five more minutes by the time he showed up. He ordered a frappe and I got a glass of lemonade. We talked for a bit then we ordered some of the shops scrumptious, warm gooey apple pie. After we were done I suggested we walked for a bit cause the museum wouldn't be open for an hour. We saw a couple of dogs and their owners play around the park with frisbee's and tennis balls. It started to get dark so we headed for the museum, but when we got there the tickets were sold out so we ended up going back to his house where we ended up playing video games so late that we asked if I could stay the night. There wasn't a guest room so I ended up having to sleep on the couch.
I spent the entire summer hanging out with Chris. I taught him how to play soccer and he went with me to get a tattoo on my shoulder of a star. We hung out and eventually went to that old museum that we wanted to go to so bad. He came to all of my soccer games that summer, and cheered me on with his entire family.
The next morning I went home and got ready for my soccer practice and aired my soccer ball up. When I got to the soccer field, my team was stretching so I sat down and started to stretch. Then we jogged a couple laps around the field. Practice ended at 5:00, when I got home I took a shower and then got on tank top and some underwear and got my things ready for the next day. School started tomorrow and I needed to be ready for the first day.